cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure Partner Profile to trigger IDOC of lower version than syst

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the configuration that we need to set in Partner Profile to receive IDOC of lower version (say 46C) than system version (say 640). If we go by default settings then the triggered IDOC version will be same as system version (640) eventhough we trigger 46C version from SAP.

We are using BizTalk Server 2006 R2 (WCF Custom SAP Adapter) to extract IDOCS from SAP.

If this is not the correct forum then pls direct to the correct forum.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The IDOc type should tell you with which version it is compatible with. See the release of the IDoc and that is the IDoc type you should use for data exchange with systems having older version.

Example : Idoc type orders01 is released in 30A ORDERS02 in 30D ORDER04 in 45A and finally ORDERS05 in 46A

So if you want to transmit data to a system having version 45A, then you should use ORDERS04 when configuring the partner profile.

Hope this helps.

Br,

Advait

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the post.

In my scenario, the IDOC type is same and I am connecting to BizTalk Server 2006 R2 (Integration Tool).

Here is the full scenario:

Earlier SAP version was 46C then we upgraded to version 640. So now I can see a IDOC (say ORDERS05) with both version (46C and 640) in SAP. As per the default setting in Partner profile, even if I trigger IDOC with lower version (46C), BizTalk receives the IDOC with System Version (640).

So I want to know what is the configuration in Partner profile that will trigger the IDOC with lower version (46C) than System version (640).

I am sure there isn't any configuration at BizTalk end related to this issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any specific reason why you want to use the IDoc from Version 46C and not the new one?

I have no knowledge on BizTalk , but you can check with the BizTalk team to see if they have both the version of the IDoc in their MetaData. Perhaps after the upgrade , the metadata was refreshed and they only have the new version.

Br,

Advait

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually I from BizTalk, and we imported the metadata from SAP and we were able to do for both old and new version.

The reason I want to do this is we have large no of application developed using old version, so if we have to use new version of schemas then we would have to change all the application taht would require lots of effort and time.

Also one interesting point is that, with one SAP system we are able to receive old version, but with other we are not with the same BizTalk solution. So I am suspecting there is some configuration setting related to Document Version while creating Partner Profile.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the partner profile field Seg. release in IDoc, this field is present in the partner profile additional parameters.

Compare this with the partner profile that is working fine.

Br,

Advait

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you configure the port also you need to take care as to which version youa re connecting to

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for post.

Even we have configured version 46C at Port level, we are receiving 640 from SAP. Is it like this version data gets over written somewhere while sending IDOC from SAP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are facing the same issue. In the partnerport we have defined for DELVRY03-DESADV messages, to use release 620. The idoc created still contains fields from the new release. Has anybody already found a solution for this issue?

Issue solved!

Thanks in advance,

Rudi

Edited by: Rudi Hollegien on Mar 16, 2010 4:22 PM