cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

number of days for credit limit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to activate credit limit for one my depts. The requirement is that they would like to set up credit limit and number of days for each customer.

I do know the transactions FD32 for maintaining data but I would like to know how we can ask the user to enter number of days for each customer.

Please suggest.

Regards

Rasheed

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rasheed,

You need to configure risk category in tcode OVA8.Consider the filed Dynamic and open order orders only and expected reaction failing of these conditions.The recation would depend on your business requirement.

Under dynamic credit control the number of days will be taken care be payment terms assigned to the customer master.

Hope it fulfils your requirement.Do revert if any other calrification is required.

Regards

Sanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

Based on your suggestion, say for example, I create a high risk category group with 7 days limit.I will assign this in FD32 to a customer with the credit limit amount. In the transaction what payment terms should i choose to give the customer only 2 days credit limit.

Regards

Rasheed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rasheed,

If u want to give customer only 2 days limit your payment term should be configured accordingly so that the corresponding accounting entry will become due for payment only after 2 days.

Also note you can not configure a risk category for specfic no. of days i.e 7 days as you mentioned.The entire day level control is driven by the payment terms attached to corresponding accounting entry of customer ledger.

Regards

Sanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sanjay,

Thank you for the reply. Now lets say i copy the standard risk group given by sap and then appropriately attach the payment term to the customer. The credit limit should work as per the payment term.

Regards

Rasheed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it will work.

After copying the limit assign the risk category to customer in tocde FD32.

Also note the following customization must be in place:

1.Assignment of control area with compnay code

2.Credit check for order types & delivery types is completed

3.Determination of active risk categories for credit check.

Regards

Sanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sanjay.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check in transaction code OVA8 , there is field Horizon and Number of days settings, there only you maintain the credit limit based on number.

Thanks,

Raja