cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to submit a BUG / FIX to SAP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm facing what I think it's a nasty bug in NWDS 7.01.05.

Using a Toolbar, adding a ToolbarRightItem, some elements give script error in WDP WYSIWYG. (ToolbarButtonChoice, ToolbarLinkToURL, ToolbarLinkToAction, ToolbarToggleButton)

I'd like to know how can I check if this has already been fixed, or at least submit this to SAP.

Regards,

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Daniel,

You can access the service.sap.com/support, you will need a S User, you can get it with your company. To verify if this bug was fixed you can search a Note about this (Help & Support). If you need to report a BUG use Report a Product Error.

Best regards

Isaías Barroso

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have openend several such Messages with SAP. Be prepared for a lot of stuff you have to do before they even try to understand whats your problem is.

- They want access to your Server with SAP Gateway (even its a bug in NWDS...)

- They want you to have it reporduced (sometimes several times...)

- You always get other People "working" on your problem without reading what you alread wrote.

and so on... This typically needs some days.

In the meantime I always found a workaround, changed my project and so on (because I have to work and not wait for SAP), that it would be a nightmare to reproduce error again.

To be honest I know of several errors in NWDS, 7.0.17 and 7.10.8 and I never ever open those OSS Messages anymore. Never got anything solved or a useful answer for any Java related message. SDN here is a much better source of answers.

Just my experience with SAP support on Java (ABAP is much better by the way...).

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

I kinda guessed that would be a little pain to report it. As you, I have to give solutions and not excuses. I will just downgrade my NWDS and see if they have that working in SP4.

For now, I can add and use the element, but it screws my View inside NWDS.

Again, thanks for your reply, I find very useful this kind of information since I'm totally new into this SAP world, and I'm facing a lot of challenges.

Regards,

Daniel