cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Adapter , Processing Sequence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can you please help me to understand these?

1. When i configure a Sender File Adapter with file pattern *.txt, Does it handle the files one after another? Or does it span multiple threads and processes multiple files in parallel?

2. If i select processing sequence as DATE, does it consider the time stamp also?

3. If a 100 mb file with name BIG.txt created at 1.00 AM,

and a 0.1 mb file with name small created at 1.10 on the sender system. If 100MB file needs 30 min to get processed,

Then can i assume the second file get processed only after big file completely processed and reached the destination?

Regards

Ganges Leaves

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ganges,

During any polling interval, XI will pick all files matching your Criteria and process them parallely.

Even if the big file is being processed, the next file will be picked up by the adapter if it is available during the next polling interval.

All interfaces are executed independent of the other.

All this is if u choose the mode as <b>Best Effort</b>.

Regards,

bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh

Thank you. (My scenario is I have only one interface which picks .txt files). If that is the case what is the use of processing sequence by date/name.

If I use EOIO, Can I assume file processing would be sequential?

Thank you

Ganges Leaves

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ganges,

<i>Exactly Once In Order (asynchronous processing using queues, in other words guaranteed execution exactly once and maintaining the sequence of successive messages).</i>

From the online help.

I guess you have to use this in case u want it to be sequential.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can any one tell me how to set up a EOIO queue?

Thank you

Ganges Leaves

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ganges,

Check this blog for the different Queues used in XI ,

/people/sap.india5/blog/2006/01/03/xi-asynchronous-message-processing-understanding-xi-queues-part-i

use tcode SMQ2 to check the queue.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just put any name out there. You don't need to configure anything.

Regards

vijaya

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,dear Bhavesh

I remember the file adapter is not supported by parallel processing,pls see the SAP help docu.

Another question,if I have two type of txt file,one is the master data and the other is the transaction data.I want XI to process the transaction data after complete processing the master data. Can EOIO meet the requirment ?

Many thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ganges,

If you want the file to be processed in sequence then you can use Quality of Service EOIO in the sender adapter.

The files are processed in the sequence they are picked up.

Another criteria is processing sequence in file adapter. There are two options By data and By Name. Depending no what you select it will maintain a EOIO order in the XI.

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijaya Kumari,

1. If i set EOIO, My second file would be processed only after first file is delivered. Right? Correct me if i am wrong.

2 When i try to set EOIO it is asking for the Queue Name. How to configure the queue?

Thank you

Ganges Leaves