cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP TDMS central/control server and sender/reciever setup.

0 Kudos

Hello,

I am planning to install SAP TDMS 3.0 and need advice froml the gurus of SDN on SAP TDMS central/control server and sender/reciever setup.

I have read master gude , operations guide and gone through TDMS setup SAP notes like 970531,970532,1094395,1231203,1003051,889988 etc.

I need TDMS gurus advice on SAP TDMS central/control server selection should it be a separate host or can i set it up on Solution manager EhP1 SPS19. I am only worried to setup on solution manager as we will not be able to upgrade solution manager to latest release when it will be released next summer due to TDMS add on , if I setup TDMS on separate host i will be free to upgrade solution manager.

Our sender and receiver systems are ECC 6 SPS14 if I install TDMS add-on will I have any problem if I want to upgrade ECC 6 to EhP4 later. Has anyone upgraded ECC 6 to EhP with TDMS add-on.

Many thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Mohammed Ashraf

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed Ashraf

Answer to your queries are below -

>can i set it up on Solution manager EhP1 SPS19?

Yes you can.

>we will not be able to upgrade solution manager to latest release?

I do not think this should be a problem, you should be able to update to the latest release.

>Our sender and receiver systems are ECC 6 SPS14 if I install TDMS add-on will I have any problem if I want to upgrade ECC 6 to EhP4 later.

No there should not be any problem, may be you will also have to upgrade (higher SP) the TDMS installation.

Best regards

Pankaj

0 Kudos

Thanks for your comments, As per TDMS master guide "The standard way of setting up the TDMS is to install the TDMS software in an empty SAP system" we have opted to go ahead with a separate host for TDMS.

I also wanted to know if any of SAP customers who have installed TDMS add on upgraded to EHP1 and if they faced any issues due to TDMS add on during EHP1 setup.

Best Regards

Ashraf

Former Member
0 Kudos

No such issues are known to exist.

0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies.