Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigerring a search based on button

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am new to abap webdynpro.

I have a requirement to trigger a search for a filed based on a button click.

Once the user clicks the search button on the screen, the user should get a window where he should be able to enter selections and a button for submitting it. The user should get the results in a table and should be able to select an entry..

Once the user slects an entry it needs to be passed back to the screen..

Can you please anyone let me know how to achieve this..

Thanks,

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In a nutshell how to trigger OVS help on trigerring a button..

Thanks,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Refer SAP Online Help on OVS :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/47/9b298c66eb3376e10000000a421937/frameset.htm

Demo component : DEMO_VALUE_HELP.

Steps to create OVS :

1.Goto Your ComponentController and in properties tab add WDR_OVS

and Name the Usage Name as OVS_USAGE_1

2. In your View in Properties tab Add the Usage OVS_USAGE_1 along with InterfaceController

3. Create a Context Attribute and see the Properties of this Attributes Below.

Change the Properties

Input Help Mode : Object Value Selector

OVS Component Usage : OVS_USAGE_1

4. In Layout of the View Place an InputField and Assign the Value property to the

Context Attribute.

5. Goto Methods Tab Add a method called ON_OVS choose the Method Type as Event Handler and Enter The Event OVS automatically picked.

6. ON_OVS Method will have a parameter OVS_CALLBACK_OBJECT

It has a ovs_callback_object->phase_indicator attribute this holds different values during your Selection.

different values for phase indicator what it means you can check from the documentation and now

you can even go to WDR_TEST_OVS application and see the coding in V3 View Method ON_OVS .

In your case just fire the event on the click of button , you dont need input field and context attribute.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurav,

Thanks for your reply.

I already went throught the demo component on OVS.

As you said in my case I need to fire the event OVS on click of the button. But the event has got an parameters REF to IF_WD_OVS.

Can you please let me know how i have to code the fire event.. part in the event handler method of the button..

Thanks,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I dont think it will be possible to call this OVS Event.

I would suggest you to design a Freely Prog Search help or in your case you can even design a New View and a New Window.

Call the Window on the click of button. That should do.

Answers (0)