cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound customs information to update GTS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

I would like to know what is the best practice for ensuring GTS and ECC data aligns with that of the Custom Authority.

Am thnking this: Create in GTS and send customs document to broker. Broker uploads document to his system, perhaps adds or corrects any info, and sends the entry to the Customs Authority. Customs authority replies back to broker with clearance information. Broker sends inboud customs information message to GTS. For an automated process, this info should then overwrite what was in GTS, and have a discrepancy report to see if there were any values updated/changed by the broker message. If any discrepancies, ECC or the Broker would be consulted and corrected, depending on the type of error.

I'm curious as to what is the recommended best practice to ensure GTS (and also ECC) information is correct, and aligns with the data of the customs authority.

Any input would be most useful.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's a nice idea, but Customs systems don't tend to work like that. Each country's system is different, but in my experience all of them respond to a Declaration with an overall result, and usually a status (sometimes also with duty liabilities) - not with any confirmation of the data supplied in the trader's declaration.

Going partly down that road, however, GTS 8.0 is now able to track and report on the duty liabilities mentioned above. You can compare the calculation results returned by the Customs Authority with the ones made in GTS.

Dave