Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BI7, secirty question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am Angeline, I having some problem to provide security roles in NW 2004s BI 7.0

In BI when user apply TR: code: LISTCUBE and display DSO data, and wants to export in Excel sheet... is anyone notes there is small icon to export data in excel sheet. but that icon is disabled or grayed out... what kind of authroziation or roles should I give them ...

I have myself SAP_ALL profile, and that option is working fine...

please tell me what roles i should create for that...

Thank in Advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a very basic question...

You should consider some security training (how to use ST01, PFCG, SU53, etc) before you start working in this area. It is easy to create a mess, which no doubt someone else will later have to clean up...

> I have myself SAP_ALL profile...

It might take you some years to complete all the required training...

Just being honest with you,

Julius

13 REPLIES 13

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can check this yourself, put on trace and see what objs are missing.

I did, S_GUI is the obj, it should have value 61 to export the gui content as a local copy.

Please put on trace and check if check if this object is popping up.

Regards,

Brahmeshwar

0 Kudos

Dear Brahmeshwar,

Thank for nice answer, but can you please tell me how to put TRACE on...

Thank in Advanced

Travis

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a very basic question...

You should consider some security training (how to use ST01, PFCG, SU53, etc) before you start working in this area. It is easy to create a mess, which no doubt someone else will later have to clean up...

> I have myself SAP_ALL profile...

It might take you some years to complete all the required training...

Just being honest with you,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

I know thats very basic question, and I know how to use ST01, PFCG, and SU53, but my question what object or authroziation should I give to user can export data from listcube... how simple is that?

please advised

Again If you go transaction code LISTCUBE and double click anyone DSO you can see display all data... also you can see one icon export or save this data in Excel sheet... thats only I am looking....

0 Kudos

> ...and I know how to use ST01, ...

> ...but can you please tell me how to put TRACE on...

So, which one is it?

0 Kudos

I am sorry, I know thats ST01

I already trun on Trace (Authrozation check) using my user ID, then I login client user ID and try listcube and display data, still I dont' understand what authrozation object should I give him....

here is screenshot...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25470985@N07/4086782478/sizes/o/

please Advised

0 Kudos

Fair enough... something which is not immediately obvious is:

> then I login client user ID

The trace is application server specific...

So, first logon with the other ID. Check which server it is logged onto. Use your account to switch servers via SM51 to the same server as the "client ID".

Then proceed as usual to set a filter trace for the ID, and then start LISTCUBE with it and read the file and the source code location as usual.

Let us know what you find.

Cheers,

Julius

ps: You could also avoid this to some extent by tracing your own ID. That should be reliable in this case, but not all.

pps: Are you Angeline, Travis or Purnama?

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Nov 8, 2009 7:39 PM

0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

Thank you for reply so fast...

I am still confoused, ok let me tell you what I did

1. Login with my ID TA001

2. Goto ST01, checked mark with Authrozation check and click General Filter

3. another window comeup I put user name in there "TEST" this is my testing user...

4. Go back prevouse window, and click Save file to different trace file... such as C:\TEST_TA

5. logoff my user ID, and login in TEST ID

6. run ListCube display data, try to export data in excel... same that is grayout...

7. Goto Server C:\ and check directory if it make some trace file...

8. nothing happend...

Please help me,

I would like to know, what are they normaly user Roles and authroziation provide in normal BI USERs

0 Kudos

So, you have no idea what you are doing in ST01, right?

Solution => Take some training.

Reason => These forums are not a substitute for being appropriately trained and answering your own basic "how to do" questions.

That your client gives you SAP_ALL in their system is very scary...!

=> Please do yourself the favour of at least reading the application help of the transaction, before your "click around, to see what happens"...

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

I am SAP BASIS Admin, and more then 5 years expericene, but I am not security one who provided authrozation, I have only quick question what is the role for SAP BI normal user.. thats all

anyway! thank your time

Angeline

0 Kudos

Don't you think this is a risk for you? "Clicking around" in transactions you are unfamiliar with... (regardless of how many years you have been working with SAP_ALL...).

Where I have greatest sympathy with you in all honesty is that people are asking you to fix security problems and make the decision of adding access to their roles or assigning additional ones to them probably as well. You should not have to take responsibility for that on your own.

You might also want to warn them about mass downloads of data and the questionable choice of transaction for a "normal BW user".

At least read the application help on ST01 before starting, or posting a question for that matter.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

ok buddy! I will talk with security team

0 Kudos

>

> I will talk with security team

Yes, I think that is a wiser idea - particularly if they have a role concept they would like to keep to.

Cheers,

Julius