cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install license

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

i want to know the steps for how can i install license through slicense t-code.

As i have to again install it just because for wrong data at sap market place i had generate new license key for my server as it is wrongly set under ERP 2004 product version while it comes under ERP 2006.

So for that i request for new key and i want to apply.....

can any one provide me the steps how can i apply it through slicense t-code.....

What is the role here for hardware key ....

old hardware key will be the ok?

or else i have to need new one?

If yes...please tell me...

Consider me fresher for that so please share all steps....

Thanks & Regard

Dik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagendr,

Thanks for your update......Anyway these type of discussions can give brief idea on things...

@Rajendr: ignore if you are under same impression as Nagendr

@Dik: What about your issue status?

Regards,

Nick Loy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nagend/Ravindr,

We should have to delete all invalid licenses before going to apply new one.

SAP will not allow to add 2 permanent licenses........

Regards

Nick Loy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

SAP will not allow to add 2 permanent licenses........

You are correct.And i think no need to install two permanent licenses.

When Dik is asking about deleting old licenses, i am in a thought that he is asking about the temporary license.

We can install permanent license when temporary license exists and no need to delete the temporary license.

Thats what my idea and i told no need to delete the old license.

I think Ravindran also having the same thought.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagendra.

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Dik,

The Hardware key is 11 Digit Character string which uniquely identifies your Host Computer, where you have installed SAP system. The Hardware key plays a main role in generating SAP License key.

To get more information on Hardware Key, Please refer this SAP [Note 174911 - Determining the hardware key (customer key)|https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=174911].

On each platform, a character string is determined, which uniquely identifies the hardware. The hardware key is determined on the basis of this character string. The hardware key always has 11 characters, and the first character is a letter, while the remaining 10 characters are digits. The letter is a check sum for the number that is used to check whether or not the hardware key is valid.

You can use the call "saplicense -get" to determine the hardware key for the computer on which the program saplicense is executed. In the SAP system, you can use transaction SLICENSE to determine the hardware key.

When you make the request, make sure that you request it for the existing system and with the standard license type.

As of an upgrade with Basis Web AS 7.0 (ABAP), you should request and install the new, digitally signed license key.

If you have installed ABAP and J2EE stack together then the Installation of the permanent SAP license key will be as followed:

1. You are in the initial screen of transaction SLICENSE.

2. Choose New Licenses to enter the license management of the digitally signed license keys.

3. Choose Install.

4. In the dialog box that is displayed, specify the file to be loaded from the file system.

5. Specify and confirm the license key file.

6. You receive a success message that you must confirm. The new license is displayed under "Installed Licenses".

And For J2EE Engine standalone installations, the Installation of the permanent SAP license key will be as followed:

1. Select Visual Administrator Server 0 - Services Licensing Adapter.

2. Save the license key file you received from SAP on your host.

3. In Licensing Adapter in the Visual Administrator, select "Install license from file".

4. Select the license file you received from SAP and choose "Open" to continue.

5. You receive a message that your license was installed successfully.

Restart the J2EE Engine.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Regards,

Bhavik G. shroff

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First you have to delete the old license key from the system. After that install the new license via SLICENSE. Your hardware key will be the same. Hardware key is unique and generated during the installation so no need to change the hardware key. Just request a new license under the correct system and install the new license

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

is it necessary to delete old license first?

through which client i have to login

Regards

Dik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dik,

No need to delete old license. Its not a mandatory.

Its recommended to install your license with SAP* user id and from any client you can install.

You can able to login to your SAP (in any client) with your SAP* user id and password, even your license got expired,

Thanks & Regards,

Nagendra.

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you have to delete the old license first, otherwise you cannot install a new license. You can login into any client, it is not client dependent.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes you need to clear old license.

Please find more information.

http://service.sap.com/licensekey --> Request Permanent LicenseKey -->

Select the Installation number --> Selec the system SID(if you had applied

already, can see your system otherwise have to apply for license) --> click

Continue --> Display the Hardware Key --> Select the Hardware Key and click

Display License Script --> From here you download it to PC.

Cheers

Deepanshu

former_member256962
Participant
0 Kudos

Its again,NO NEED TO DELETE OLD LICENSES.