Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

return table in update rules

victor_yang2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know I can split records with return table in update rule, however this seems to be done by key figure. Do I need create the same logic for all key figure or only one key figure is ok?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

It all depends upon the requirement. If it is a single key figure split then you could do it at the Key Figure Update rule itself.

But typically all the code is written at the start routine and stored ina internal table and the return table option is used in the Key figure level update rule.

Bye

Dinesh

victor_yang2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Dinesh

Do you have some sample code to split records in start routine? I also wondor how you setup update rule for each key figure in this case, still come from source field?

Can you give me the detail? My email:yzy628@yahoo.com

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dinesh,

I never worked on this Return Table. Can you share your experience or any scenario. i don't want any code. If you share the scenario and Code that is really good.

my email id gnagesh02@yahoo.com

Thanks a lot.

All the best.

Nagesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

If you want to split data for more key figures it is better to do in start routine.

The main difference between start routine and field wise routine is:

You no need to maintain new or more fields in data target in infosource. But if you want to write start routine all the fields should available in infosource as well and you have to map one-to-one in updaterules.

If you loading into cube then time distribution is available,(ex: you are getting month level data want to distribute to week level, you can use time distribution, no need of coding).

For sample codes, plz search in this forum with search term " start routine" you will get a lot.

Hope it Helps

Srini

victor_yang2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you give me detail explaination about,

You no need to maintain new or more fields in data target in infosource. But if you want to write start routine all the fields should available in infosource as well and you have to map one-to-one in updaterules.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

For simple example you are getting price and quantity from data source and you want calculate Value and you are having separate key figure for Value in your target.

You achive this in 2 ways.

1. Field wise routine.

2. Start Routine.

if you want to write at field level you no need to maintain new keyfigure(value) in infosurce, you can calculate this either by formula or by routine.

But if you want to calculate at start routine, this nes KF(value should available in infosouce), then only it will be available DATA_PACKAGE in start routine. Then only you can assign formula. and also you have to map one-to-one in update rules.

Actually if you are creating a new infosource you can modify accordingly by adding requed fields, but when you are loading from one ODS/CUBE to another ODS/CUBE, data mart scenario, system will generate datasource and infosources. Then it will be a bit difficult.

Hope it Helps

Srini

victor_yang2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for detail. I will try.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor

if you want to do for all key figures ..Then do the same for all key figures and write the routine for each key figure..

Hope the above helps you..

bye

Shu Moh..

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

You can do it for whatever key figures you want - either all or one. You would typically write the logic for splitting in the start routine and then for each individual key figure you would assign the values in the RESULT.

Bye

Dinesh

victor_yang2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Dinesh

If I want to split one key figure, I can do from update rule; If I want to do all key figure, I have to do in from start routine. Is that what you want to say?

If you do it in start routine, how you setup update rule for each key figure?

Thanks