cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP TRAINING

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ALL !!!!!!!!!

I AM VINAY MAITHANI , AN ELECTRONICS ENGINEER WITH 3 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN MAINTENANCE OF EQUIPMENTS FOR THE AUTOMATION AND INSTRUMENATATION DEPARTMENT IN A STEEL PLANT.

I HAVE SOME BASIC KNOWLEDGE OF SAP SYSTEM AND ABAP/4 PROGRAMMING CONCEPTS.

RECENTLY I HAVE DECIDED TO GO FOR CERTIFICATION COURSE IN SAP....considering my job profile i feel comfortable in PLANT MAINTENANCE.

Which is the best place for Training???

1 GENOVATE,mumbai

2 SIEMENS INFO. LEARNING SYSTEMS,hyderabad

3 SAP banglore

Wat are there plus and -ve points???

are there any more destinations for training????

is this decesion to go for SAP certification strategic enough at this juncture?

Hoping for HELP from SAP community and Fraternity

All suggestions will be welcome and help me very much.

mail them to my email id vinaymaithani@gmail.com

With High Regards

Vinay Maithani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unlike with the FI/CO modules in accounting and the MM in logistics not all clients implement PM. And these days most clients ask for a part time PM consultant. In other words they want mainly a QM or PP consultant who can also do PM. However, if you are keen on getting into SAP be ready to be waiting for a job for a few months. I have seen people waiting as long as 8 months. But they finally docked!

So this career prospect comes with a risk. It finally depends on your brand.

thanx

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Vinay:

You are at the same juncture as I am. I have managed a convenience store in Australia for a span of three years and I am at a juncture, where I wanted to move my career to SAP Consulting. I have only done the course at school(University) and am equipped with basic knowledge about SAP. Just am a little confused as to how to go about working for the product. I understand that it is one great product, which has prospects both for large, medium, and small scale enterprises. But, I am unsure where to start. Please get back to me if you find out a way. Doing a course won't serve the purpose of being a consultant as its hard to find positions asking for entry-level employees. I guess possessing the domain knowledge is what one expects to have at the end of the day, which you are good at. So you should be trying some stuff like Product Planning and Controlling modules in SAP.

Good luck with the training though!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

if your willing to travel SAP itself is always hiring...ireland for example they are allways looking for people....the money is crap but it's a good place to get 1-2 yrs exp and then move on....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Note that SAP training provides you only the basic concept. The real knowledge is basicly coming when you do the implementation.

To make the SAP training bring the maximum benefit for you, you have to equiped yourself with the current business process. So when you are in training, you can "map" the business process with the SAP functionality and you will be able to understand better.

I guess, you make a right decision to enter SAP PM training considering your working experience.

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Both Genovate and Siemens are ATC's so either is fine & I guess the training costs is also about the same. Getting certified will definitely help, especially as you do not have project experience.

(In case you dont want to spend the large amt of money, there are other training institutes that you can look at as well.)

Choose one that is more convinient for you.