SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple UOM's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have an article which is sold in each but when we sell a box it is actually of 12 eaches (when a multiple quantity of such an item is sold we sell it as one item only(1box=1box(base unit in this case)) but we do not mention about eaches). Hence we have set up two articles in our systems with different units of measure. But we want to link the two articles somehow so that we will know that 1 box is 12 eaches.

-Anju

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

0 Kudos

You don't need multiple articles for this. It is possible to use multiple units of meassurement in one article and you can also have a sales price for each UOM/article combination. So in your case you would take each as base UOM and the box as an additional one.

Usually you have also at least one UPC/PLU for such a UOM/article combination.

In your stock reporting everything would be broken down on 'EACH'.

Alternatively you could also implement the box as a sales set of eaches. In this case a BOM is linked to the box, the box would be an own article and and the eaches would be components of this BOM.

However I would recommend to use a UOM of the same article.

Regards Carsten

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

0 Kudos

You don't need multiple articles for this. It is possible to use multiple units of meassurement in one article and you can also have a sales price for each UOM/article combination. So in your case you would take each as base UOM and the box as an additional one.

Usually you have also at least one UPC/PLU for such a UOM/article combination.

In your stock reporting everything would be broken down on 'EACH'.

Alternatively you could also implement the box as a sales set of eaches. In this case a BOM is linked to the box, the box would be an own article and and the eaches would be components of this BOM.

However I would recommend to use a UOM of the same article.

Regards Carsten

0 Kudos

So if i maintain the access sequence at the UOM/Article level i can maintain purchase costs and sales prices at that level right? Also, when i enter in the sales order i have the flexibility to select the articles in eaches or boxes? But it automatically converts the base into eaches all the time however the prices are taken at the UOM level which was entered so we should be good?

Thanks,

Anju.

0 Kudos

Hi Anju,

We can maintain differnt unit of measurements and for different purpose we can use these differnernt UOMs

for e.g we can have one UOM as order unit, on e Uom for sales and so on.

And we can assign differnet EANs to these differnt UoM and similarly we can maintain sales price also at EAN level

So ur EA will have differnt sales price and CAR will have differnrnt.

Regards,

AM

0 Kudos

Thank you all for you valuable response.

When i enter CAR in sales order it automatically converts to base unit EA. Is there any setting which will keep the entered unit as is?

-Anju

0 Kudos

Hi,

In article master CAR should be slected as sales unit if u want it should be CAR.

Regards,

AM

0 Kudos

I i maintain the price at lets say CAR level and EA level and i enter the order unit in the sales order as CAR then the system would take the price from the record at CAR level. If i want system to also calculate the price at EA level(even though i enter CAR) in some cases , how do i achieve it?