Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing access to Stock Requirements - MD04

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, we are changing our business process at some of our locations and we would like to remove access to the Stock Requirements screen (MD04). This transaction is in almost all of our roles, and I am trying to avoid going role-by-role to remove this access. Is there a way that I can restrict access to MD04 without going role by role?

I thought I could use RSCSAUTH to assign an authorization group to the transaction, but the SAPMM61R program does not come up in that transaction. Can I use RSCSAUTH for this?

Thanks,

Dan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As a temporary solution you can lock transaction u201CMD04u201D via SM01 which will lock the transaction for use and you can then do the role by role modifications.

Also you can take help of ABAP to develop a BDC to modify the menu and u201CS_Tcodeu201D auth. Object of each role you want to modify which is not a very standard solution.

Regards

Suhas

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

No.

You made the mistake the easy way, so you have to fix it the hard way.

I would focus on authorizations to use the transaction, and not those to start the transaction code anyway... your risk may or may not be smaller than you think.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As a temporary solution you can lock transaction u201CMD04u201D via SM01 which will lock the transaction for use and you can then do the role by role modifications.

Also you can take help of ABAP to develop a BDC to modify the menu and u201CS_Tcodeu201D auth. Object of each role you want to modify which is not a very standard solution.

Regards

Suhas

0 Kudos

> As a temporary solution you can lock transaction u201CMD04u201D ...

And as an immediate mess you will have at least 37 other transactions and reports which will come to an abrupt stand still...

Please do not post such dangerous advise again

Cheers,

Julius