Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiprovider--- restricted key figure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i have a doubt like when creating a query on a multiprovider

for eg - a multiprovider is made up of base IC A & B and

can we have a restricted key figure --- by taking the key figure from A Infocube and restricting it by B Infocube Characterstic.

is it possible becoz i have a production order no in one infocube and issue quantity in another infocube so i want to restrict the quantity to the production order.

thanks and regards

neelu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

hi Neel,

no, you can't, you won't get any row data by doing so.

both cube has any common characteristics ?

multiprovider works as union, e.g

charcubeA charcubeB qtyA qtyB

A - 5 -

- X - 10

to get 5 and 10 in same row,

you should have charcubeA value exist in both cube A and B, or remove charcubeA charcubeB from row in reporting,

hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

AS A.H.P Mentioned , it is not possible. We can use characterstics in the restriction of that cube only when we are creating RK for a KF of a cube.

With rgds,

Anil Kumar sharma .P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi A.H.P

thanks for the info...

but i am a bit confused...so i am giving my problem a bit more clear...

cube A -- 0PRODUCTION ORDER

CUBE B--- 0ISSUEQTY

IN MY REPORT I WANT TO HAVE THE QUANTITY FOR EACH PRODUCTION ORDER DISPLAYED IN A ROW...(WHICH IS NOT POSSIBLE AS YOU GUYS SAID)

I HAVE A MATNR IN THE BOTH THE ODS SO CAN I USE THIS MATNR CHARACTERSTIC TO GET THE QUANTITY FOR THE PRODUCTION ORDER IF YES PLEASE SUGGEST ME A WAY TO DO IT.

LIKE SHALL I RESTRICT THE CUBE B KF WITH MATNR ( IF YES TO WHICH MATNR IS IT TO THE CUBE A OR CUBE B)

PLEASE SUGGEST ME A WAY SO THAT I CAN HAVE A REPORT

THANKS AND REGARDS

NEELU

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can specify the infocube from which take the value, filtering by infoprovider characteristyc in your multicube, in other case the value will be cumulated with the value of both cubes.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Neel,

I misinterpreted the question completely.I was wrong

-Doodle