Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALE & IDOC Utility

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Just curious to find if there is any std utility tool to do the following::

1). program which aggregates IDoc activity on a regular basis designed to be installed and scheduled on each client in the system landscape, and a reporting program to interrogate the aggregated data. The reports can be used to generate statistics to show trends over time.

2). A utility program to determine the % of idocs in error, % of idocs successfully processed to find out the trend and common issues over a monthly time slot.

Any inputs will be of great help. Kinda scratching my head to come up with some sort of utility tool to male life a bit easier

Thanks in anticipation.

Cheers

VJ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi VJ,

Please check this online document and go to Administration of ALE Functions and Monitoring Message Exchange section.

http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/en/data/pdf/BCMIDALEIO/BCMIDALEIO.pdf

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Ferry Lianto

Please reward points if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ferry,

Thanks for the link. I am kind looking for more specifc tool.

The info i am looking for is for a specific message type what is the statistics of the trend. I also need to find out the fiel size of these idocs.

So to give you an example what i am looking for is say if i want to find out for last one month how many ORDERS message type on our production systm has been sucessfully processed and how many of them have failed, what is the file size for the last one month for this message type.

I am trying to use WE07 but looks like it does not have all that i am looking for

Have you guys come across any utility code on the net to do some more indepth statsistics analysis. We have thousands of IDocs coming in a DAy so we kinda plan to have a tool in place to get the required info at one click of a button.

Cheers

VJ

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

in my current project i have created one ALV report to get the details of Successfull idocs, and error idocs generated during the given period of time,

if you want let me know i'll send it to you.

Regards,

Joseph

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi VJ,

I never see any IDoc Utility that you are looking for.

Have you looked IDoc Statistics? It has standard and history evaluation for outbound and inbound IDocs.

For more information, please check this online document.

http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/en/data/pdf/BCSRVEDI/CAEDI.pdf

Again, hope this will help.

Please let us know if you find any

Regards,

Ferry Lianto

Please reward points if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ferry,

Thanks again but Still not close to what i am looking for

Sure will share if i find something on the net.

Cheers

VJ.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My programme is the modification of WE05 transaction with more data about the errors, and since we using it for sales order , in sucess data i hava added credit check status , in error part also you will get extra details.