cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adapter module deployment problem using Visual Admin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I developed an adapter module and trying to deploy it on the J2EE engine.

I went to VIsual Admin -> Services - > Deploy -> I chose Application then clicked on Deploy. I selected my EAR file and it was giving "cant covert EAR file" error.

Could you please help me? We have some issues with SDM so I wanna deply with VA.

Thanks in Advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I went to VIsual Admin -> Services - > Deploy -> I chose Application then clicked on Deploy. I selected my EAR file and it was giving "cant covert EAR file" error.

Look for the EJB container, browse for the EAR file and deploy. If EAR file has no errors, it will deploy smoothly else it will throw an error. In your case, I guess, your EAR file is corrupted.

Regards,

Neetesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neetesh,

Thanks for response. Actually i dont see any option to browse for EAR file. if i select EJBContainer , I see EJBs on the right hand side but no option to browse and deploy.

I only see deploy option under Services->Deploy but not under Services->EJBContainer.

Do you think it is also causing the problem?

Thanks.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Interesting question..Some one asked me the same question a couple of hours back ))

1) you are running on PI 7.0.

You have to use SDM,

What are the issues with SDM...you are not able to Login/Start ?

PI 7.1 you can use visual admin to deploy.

Regards

Ravi Raman

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ Ravi,

PI 7.1 you can use visual admin to deploy.

PI 7.1 has no VA

Regards,

Neetesh

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@Neetesh,

Thanks for the correction, it was a typo, I meant NWA. 7.1 that has been bundled into it.

Regards

Ravi Raman

former_member190389
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you used NWDS to develop this module?

If yes ,then why dont you deploy it from there?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for responding. I used NWDS 7.1 SP 8 to develop the Adapter module but i dont see any option to deploy it from there.

Could you please tell me how do i do that ? coz latest version is totally diff and it doesnt match with any of the screen shots(how to develop adapeter modules doc frm SAP).

Thank you

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can deploy from NWDI, check the options and setup your connections to connect to the j2ee server.

Regards

Ravi Raman

former_member190389
Active Contributor