cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MI 2.5 to MI 7.1 upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Customer is currently using MI 2.5 SP 16 and MAU 1.0 SR 5.

If we upgrade to SAP NW Mobile 7.1, then will it support MAU 1.0 SR5.

There is a backward compatibility layer that has been built in SAP NW Mobile client 7.1 to support previous (JSP based) MI applications. Can anyone please confirm if it will support MAU 1.0 SR5.

Thanks,

Amandeep Aggarwal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

AjithC
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

As far as I remember MAU is not officially supported in 7.1, eventhough you can run the application in backward compactibility mode in 7.1

You can upgrade to 7.0 instead..

Regards

Ajith

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks nipun,Ajit for your answers. I guess the way forward would be to develop a customized MAU application based on wdp java to work with mobile 7.1.

The backend bapi wrappers can be enhanced if needed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Upgrading to MI 7.0 is also an option but SAP is going to support MI 7.0 only till 2011, so I don't want to propose that.

I believe the most updated version of MAU is xMAM for Utilities 3.0.

So will xMAM for Utilities 3.0 work with MI 7.1. In that case we can upgrade from MI 2.5 to MI 7.1 and from MAU 1.0 to xMAM Utilities 3.0.

Thanks,

Amandeep Aggarwal

former_member206242
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

7.0 applications (AWT/JSP) can be made to work in Mobile 7.1 using backward compatibility feature.

SAP does not support MAM applications in Netweaver Mobile 7.1

Regards,

Nipun

former_member206242
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SAP Netweaver Mobile 7.1 MAU Applications are not supported.

There is a backward compatible feature in 7.1 which can be used to run 7.0 applications in 7.1 environment.

But for 2.5 apps you need to migrate first to 7.0 and then you can use the same in 7.1 using backward compatibility.

Regards,

Nipun