cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why Delivery is allowed with the existance of delivery Block

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Thing is that I have set a delivery block for a Sales order. After creation of sales order if i go to VL01N and enter the same Sales order number with proper dates and Shipping point system allows me to go in the delivery creation screen upto picking tab also. which I dont want to because yet I have not removed the delivery block from sales order.

In the criteria for delivery block (from Log Execution - shipping - Deliveries - Define reason for Del Block) also I have checked for Order, Picking and goods Issue. therefore system is not allowing me to pick the goods.

I am not getting check box for delivery in the delivery block criteria.

I want the system to stop me from creation of delivery as I enter the Sales order in VL01N screen with usual error messages that the sales order is block for delivery. I know the system like this only but I know why the delivery overview screen is allowed in this case.

Is this a new develpoment in ECC 6.0 because usually system behave itself the way I require here.

If any configuration is required please suggest me the solution. thanks in advance.

regards,

Sanju.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

Can you please try the delivery block which is available in Sales HeaderDocument - Shipping tab.

Hope it helps you.

Regards

Venkat

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It seems its standard behaviour.

after testing with the few other standard delivery blocks. some of them allowing to create delivery in stopping at picking or PGI level.

but some of them are not allowing to create delivery.

looks like the few blocks are hardcoded in program itself. Debug may give you any hint.

Take help of ABAPer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

At header level: That is to block the entire Sales Order from creating the delivery use this below procedure:

Go to VOV8 tcode and get in to your Sales document type and in the resultant screen go to SHipping Section. Under Shipping Section go to the "Delivery Block" field and make the block.

At Item level: That is to block the Sales Order at item wise from creating the delivery use this below procedure:

GO to VOV6 tcode and get in to your schedule line category and in the schedule line category go to the "Delivery Block" field and make the block.

Regards