cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public part incomplete for generated SC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, first some background information.

I have two SCs in the same product: SC1 and SC2. Each SC is developed on it's own track - in this case, SC1 is developed on TSC1, and SC2 on TSC2. There is a track connection from TSC1 -> TSC2.

There are two DCs in SC1: an External Library contains 11 jar files (all of which have been added to a public part), and a J2EE Server Library that references the External Library. The resulting SDA does contain all 11 archives.

After checking in and activating the changes as well as releasing the transport, SC2 is successfully built, and placed into the queue for the Development System for TSC2. I can import the package, and after download the developer config, I can see SC1 and SC2 both in TSC2.

PS: I had to alter the XML configuration for SC2 in TSC2 to specify the compartment dependancy, as per another message on SDN. Before I did this, I was unable to create a usage relationship between the two SCs.

Now, the problem.

When I synchronize the components on my workstation, only 1 (one!) jar file is downloaded with SC1, instead of the 11 that were part of the original SC. The PublicPart XML file contains references to each jar file, but only one has a FileSet declaration, so it seems that the construction of SC1 in the JDI is flawed.

Has anyone else ran into this problem? This seems pretty basic to me, and as it stands right now, it's a show stopper.

BTW, we're on SP16, both on the JDI side, and on the Dev.Wkstn side.

When I try

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ken,

I am lucky to find this post. I am trying to do the exact same thing.

I also can see SC1 and SC2 both in TSC2 but my problem is the DC's from the SC1 are not appearing.

in the CBS when i select the SC2_D or SC2_C the SC1 is appearing but the number of DC is not listed.

one specific question: how did u create the SC1. is it of package type "archive" or "source" or "source and package"?

can u give me any other suggestions?

thanks a lot..

sowmiya

Former Member
0 Kudos

To answer my own question. i needed to import the SC1.SCA in the development tab in CMS. then the dc's started appearing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

the PublicPartFileList.xml is not relevant for synching DCs from the CBS, it is only evaluated during build of a component. Thus if not all Jars from the public part were synched this sounds like some other problem to me.

Have you tried to download the public part archive from the CBS WebUI? Does it contain all jars, or only the one that was synched to your local hard disk?

If it contains all Jar files: Try to remove the DC from your local DC and resync, maybe there was some communication problem and the error message was lost.

Best regards,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you detail the exact steps you performed to reference the External Library from the J2EE Library? I recently noticed that we had to change our references to External Libraries by removing the Entity Reference to the External Library's public part for Assembly and select the jars themselves (inside the public part for assembly of the External Library) as Entity References inside the J2EE Library's public part for Assembly.

Concerning your XML configuration modification: Did you define a usage dependency in the SLD between your 2 SC's? If so, it should have been picked up automatically by the CMS and there should be no need to edit the configuration.