Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loop in Smartforms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am stuck at one point in smartforms.

Let me explain in detail.

My company will be having an agreement with some distributors over some materials. I am developing smartform for those agreements.

The agreements may hold good for one or many distributors. I have to pull the distributor information on to smartform one by one.

But the problem is...how to loop at those distributors at the form level. I can create loop under a window only. How to handle loops at form level. I want to generate the whole form for one distributor...then for next distributor...then next...like that.

Anybody got any idea.....how to handle this situation.

And other question is...what is the use of creating folders in smartforms?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naren,

In this case the logic should be to call the SMART Form inside a loop of the internal table from the print program.

If the SMART Form prints the details for one distributor, then you must be passing details for the smart form, of that dist. right?

So, you should have a internal table with the list of dist and call the SMART form in the loop.

Also, when and where are you printing these, it depends on that as well.

Folders - These are more seggregating your objects logically, nothing more than that.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please mark all the helpful answers

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please look at smartform SF_LB_INVOICE. You can see how loops are used here.

Thanks

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naren,

In this case the logic should be to call the SMART Form inside a loop of the internal table from the print program.

If the SMART Form prints the details for one distributor, then you must be passing details for the smart form, of that dist. right?

So, you should have a internal table with the list of dist and call the SMART form in the loop.

Also, when and where are you printing these, it depends on that as well.

Folders - These are more seggregating your objects logically, nothing more than that.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please mark all the helpful answers