Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting Chart with table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I'm a newbie in VC.

I'm trying to make a model equal to this one (except for the pie chart):

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/elearn;jsessionid=(J2EE3417300)ID0811291750DB10185120648945003463End?rid=/library/uuid/a06bd033-ab01-2a10-f68d-bb311f7fa18c]

All with BI query views.

So resuming I've an input form for the variables that the output goes to a view and this view goes to a bar chart.

I also have a table displaying the data for the same bar chart.

I would like to, when the user press a bar in the chart the row from the table would be automatically selected.

Does anybody knows how to do that?

Thanks,

Diogo.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You need to follow following steps -

1. Create VC model & drag one iview in it.

2. Get the required BI query from 'Find Data' & drag it into your iview.

3. drag input form & first output chart/table.

4. Now again take same query (you can copy paste the same query also)

5. Now join the output of this chart to the inpuut of this query.

6. Drag required table/chart.

7. Right click on the connecting line & spesify the field which you want to use for Drilldown. (Like Country in that demo)

8. Then Save & Deploy your model.

You will get required result. If you have any issues please let me know.

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That's the issue.

Here's what I did:

1. Create VC model & drag one iview in it.

2. Get the required BI query from 'Find Data' & drag it into your iview.

3. drag an input form from the variables of the query.

4. drag a bar chart (just like the example) from the output of the table.

5. copy of the same query to another data service.

6. The output of this "new" dataservice (the same query) is to a table.

7. Now, I joined (linked) the output of the chart to the Input of the new dataservice (the copy of the same query which has the table as output).

8. In the joined I passed the @Country_key, and the element of the Datamapping is "select".

The issue, is after deploying and testing, I input the variables, the first query is outputed to the chart correctly (country in the x axis and values on y axis), but the table only displays one country (the first one on the left from the chart bar). If I click on another chart bar, the table is refreshed (and also I see the time icon like it is refreshing) with the selected country.

This is not what I wanted, neitgher the example I posted before. What I want is display all the information on the chart and also on the table, and after clicking on the bar, it doesn't need to do a new input (a new select like refreshing), but simply "mark" the correspond line on the table.

This is how the connections are made:

input_form_variables -> variables_of_query1 -> output_query_1 -> input_bar_chart -> output_bar_chart -> select_condition_by_country_key_to_input_copy_query_1 -> output_copy_query_1 -> input_table

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Diogo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Means you dont want drilldown. Then its very simple, from the first query output you drag one table also. This will give you both the outputs, chart as well as table. Is this what you are looking for?

Regards

sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there again,

Kind of...

I mean, I want that display, but like the example I want when the user clicks on any of the bar chart, the corresponding line of the table is highlighted (marked), but all the contents of the table remains (i.e., all the countries, only the one you click on the bar is marked on the table), just like the example on the presentation.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Diogo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I saw that demo & i dont think it is as you are saying. In that User is selecting country & geting monthwise breakup for that country in the chart. If you want that data animation effect of the line that you can select in the chart 'Configure element -> data animation.

I didnt find any highlighting in that, the only highlighting is of selected Country. For that you can create table first & then pass output of the table to next query.

If you want something else then let me know.

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again,

regarding the graphic of the line in the example, I have no issue with that, and I can manage to do just like the example.

My question is connecting the bar chart with the table, in the example is exactly in the 44 seconds until 47 seconds. If you see the example exactly in that time, you'll see that the user is pressing the different bars and the corresponding line of the table is displayed (first he/she presses Germany in the column of the chart, and the line of the table corresponding to Germany is selected, and the same for France, Canada and USA).

That's exaclty what I can't seem to do.

Any hint?

Thanks,

Diogo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again

Finally i got the requirement & solution as well

You just need to drag one table from the first chart output & select the columns which you want to show in the table.

Then save & execute the model. At run time when you click on the chart column corrosponding table row will get high lighted.

Your model will look like below -

Variable Form -> BI query -> First Chart -> Table.

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

My God Sandeep!

The solution was trivial and so simple... And even so, I didn't manage to solve it!

Thank you so much!

It worked like a charm!

Diogo.

Answers (0)