Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is JS file epcfproxy.js?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am running SAP EP6 SP14.

I need to invoke epcfproxy.doNavigate() from a JSP inside my J2EE application, and I'm having difficulty finding the file containing this Javascript source code?

I've looked at location

<b>/sap/bw/Mime/BEx/javascript/epcfproxy.js</b>

and, I've looked at location

<b>\usr\sap\<>\<>\j2ee\cluster\serverx\apps\sap.com\irj\servlet_jsp\irj\root\portalapps\com.sap.portal.epcf.loader\support\epcfproxy.zip</b>

I can't find the file in either location. In fact, I don't even have those directories.

Two questions if you please:

1) Where is the zip file?

2) What do I have to do to invoke the EPCMPROXY in my application so that I can successfully run

<b><script src="epcfproxy.js"></script></b>

Regards and thanks so much,

Kevin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

You have to look in any of the following folders of the server installation box.

<installation drive>\usr\sap\<>\<>\j2ee\cluster\server0\apps\sap.com\com.sap.pct.pdk.docs\servlet_jsp\pdk\root\epcf\epcfsample

<installation drive>\usr\sap\<>\<>\j2ee\cluster\server0\apps\sap.com\com.sap.pct.pdk.docs\servlet_jsp\pdk\root\epcf\mimes

<installation drive>\usr\sap\<>\<>\j2ee\cluster\server0\apps\sap.com\irj\servlet_jsp\irj\root\portalapps\com.sap.portal.epcf.loader\support

Cheers

Kiran

PS: Award points for useful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Thanks for the info.

When I try to reward points, sdn returns an error currently. I will post points later to your first reply as soon as SAP fixes the sdn problem.

The file for me existed at portal location

ROOT/WEB-INF/deployment/temp/

com.sap.portal.epcf.loader.par.bak

I don't have the PDK installed on my server currently, so I couldn't find the files at the spot you suggested.

Kevin

former_member192029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin

you can install PDK 6.0 from SDN >> Download>>EP >Portal Development Kit 6.0

Cheers

Jawahar Govindaraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nothing happens when I click on the JSP page link. The link runs my Javascript function, and my function runs

EPCMPROXY.doNavigate(ROLES://portal_content/...) but nothing happens. I need for the link in the JAVA application to move the user to a differ spot in the portal. The JAVA application is running on the same server as the portal.

Kevin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

For implementation and location of JS file refer this blog

PS: If helpful award points

--Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We're also running SP14 and it's there.

Try this path.

...ROOT/WEB-INF/deployment/temp/com.sap.portal.epcf.loader

BW one is old version in our environment, so you mignt need to use the js file downloaded from EP.

If you still have a problem, I can send it to you.

Regards,

Nash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak

When I try to reward points, sdn returns an error. I will post points later to your first replay as soon as SAP fixes the sdn problem.

I read the blog below, and I implemented changes in my JSP appropriately. The instructions in the blog pertain to BSP, whereas I am developing a JSP page in a J2EE application on Netweaver.

Nothing happens when I click on the JSP page link. The link runs my Javascript function, and my function runs

EPCMPROXY.doNavigate(ROLES://portal_content/...) but nothing happens. I need for the link in the JAVA application to move the user to a differ spot in the portal.

Thoughts?

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nash,

Thanks for the info.

When I try to reward points, sdn returns an error currently. I will post points later to your first reply as soon as SAP fixes the sdn problem.

The file for me existed at location

ROOT/WEB-INF/deployment/temp/

<b>com.sap.portal.epcf.loader.par.bak</b>

I downloaded it and found that it contained yet another zip, epcfproxy.zip. I extracted it too, and found the <b>epcfproxy.js</b> there. I guess this is the correct file for me to use.

However, when I try to get EPCM navigation working, it fails. Nothing happens when I click on my JSP page link. My link runs

EPCMPROXY.doNavigate(ROLES://portal_content/...) but nothing happens, not even a javascript error. I need for the link in the JAVA application to move the user to a differ spot in the portal.

Thoughts? Is there any other modifications that I have to make to my Java Application? Or is all I have to do is add epcfproxy.js inside my application?

Kevin