cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stock init - load time?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

How long should it take to perform a stock init load (2LIS_03_BX)? I only ran MCNB (stock init) for 5 plants, but the job has now been running for 30 minutes (I also load non-valuated stock, however not stock with zero value)..

Why is it taking so long and how long does it usually take?

Best regards,

Fredrik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Fredrick,

It will depend upon the number of records you have in the system. Please wait for a while and see if the job finishes.

Regards,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Each plant has about 160 000 articles... Among 50 of these are missing the value (only quantity).

Do you have a time estimate for this?

Bes regards,

Fredrik

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Fredrik,

check if helps oss note 728360-PLUG: Performance of stock initialization

Symptom

You want to use transaction MCNB (RMCBINIT_BW program) to perform a stock initialization. You experience very long runtimes.

Other terms

MCNB, RMCBINIT_BW, 2LIS_03_BX, 2LIS_40_S278

Reason and Prerequisites

Very long runtimes occur when you execute transaction MCNB (RMCBINIT_BW program) to perform a stock initialization.

The reasons for this are quite varied:

Datasets

Transaction handling

Unnecessary data enhancements

Zero stock selected

This note provides some recommendations for performing a stock initialization.

Solution

1. Datasets and transaction handling

Of course, the runtime of the transaction increases if very large datasets have to be processed. It therefore does not make sense to start the transaction for the complete dataset.

Depending on the data constellation, the data should be restricted on the input screen of the transaction. We recommend that you start the transaction separately for each plant. However, this recommendation cannot be considered to be universally valid because different SAP customers may also have very different data constellations.

For example, the system may have a large number of plants but a small number of materials or a large number of materials but a small number of plants. We therefore recommend that you check the performance of the stock initialization beforehand, using different selection variants.

1. Unnecessary data enhancements

If, in addition to BW, you are still using the Retail Information System (RIS), you generally have to activate the RIS-specific data enhancement for material documents. However, this is not necessary for the stock initialization for BW. We therefore recommend that you deactivate exactly this enhancement in the Customizing during stock initialization.

This can be executed using transaction MCH_ in which the indicator for enhancing the goods movements is deactivated. After you complete stock initialization, you should reactivate this indicator to ensure a correct update of the RIS.

If, in any event, the RIS should not be used, we recommend that you use MCH_ to deactivate the complete RIS enhancement.

1. Zero stock selected

We recommend that you do not use the indicator for considering zero stock in transaction MCNB since this greatly increases the runtime. For more information, see note 655798.

CAUTION: Important additional information: As of note 823951, you no longer have to use this option.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, I have seen this note...

I think it's time to discuss with a basis consultant..

Best regards,

Fredrik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The init of BX takes the snapshot of the stock quantity of all the materials at various locations at the time of run. Hence you need to takes down time of R/3 so that ensure no documents posting is allowed and you dont get any inconsistency of data at end of the run.

The time taken for this init run actually depends on the no of permutations combinations possible with various location(it could be Plant or depots or storage loaction in most of the cases) and the materials, company code if any. Bigger the no longer would be the time taken.

It is recomended genrally not to restrict this init run by any plant or anything else. For 1.3 lacs of records it takes 1 to 1 hr 20 min. It also depends on your hardware config.

For faster response you could run it on CI server instead of application server taking ur BASIS team help.

Hope this helps u.

With regards,

wrushali

Do say thanks with points

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for that great answer!

I have executed the run in background, but it doesn't seem to ever finish properly.

I have tried to load all plants at once (no restrictions). I let the job run over night. 6 hours or so, and it still didn't finish. Is this normal?

I also then tried to restrict the stock init run to only one plant. This worked in TEST (172 extracted records) but not in PROD... ("job cancelled after system exception ERROR_MESSAGE").

What would you suggest?

Best regards,

Fredrik

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

also 586163

6. Performance

a) General BW/logistics extraction (TSV_TNEW_PAGE_ALLOC_FAILED/SYSTEM_IMODE_TOO_LARGE)

Notes 409641, 417307, 419465, 548845 and 589997

b) 2LIS_03_BX extraction

The recommended setting in the RMCBINIT_BW report for 'Number of data records per LUW' is 5000. Higher values may cause the following errors:

TSV_TNEW_PAGE_ALLOC_FAILED

TSV_TNEW_BLOCKS_NO_ROLL_MEMORY

TSV_LIN_ALLOC_FAILED

You can reduce an extremely long runtime by setting up the stock again individually for each plant.

See Note 728360 for further information.

When you run the report, the "Transfer Zero Stocks" option must NOT be active, because this will significantly increase the runtime.

This is no longer a requirement as of Note 823951 (for further details, see Note 655798).

c) 2LIS_03_UM extraction

Notes 537235 and 585750

d) 2LIS_03_BF extraction

Note 454267

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the test system it took about 1 hour to do the stock init for one plant... Is this normal?

There are hundreds of plants...

//Fredrik