Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Trying to count faxes by country code

We're trying to determine how many faxes we're sending via SCOT/SOST to various countries around the world. In table SOOS, I've found the field RECLAN which seems like it should contain the country code of the destination number (field RECTEL), but it doesn't. Anyone know of a good way to get counts like we're looking for?

Tags:
Former Member
Former Member replied

Do you have the address number? Also check out do you also implement the OSS # 499789. In my system I am also not seeing Country code updated as in your scenario. If you take address number and pull up the data in table Adr2. you’ll get country .

FYI

Symptom

Every time a telephone or fax number is created, the system also tries to store a normalized number. This normalized number is used by the different search modules of the Business Address Service.

However, under certain circumstances the normalized number may not be determined or incorrectly determined. In this case, the relevant address cannot be found via the telephone or fax number.

Other terms

ADR2, ADR3, TELNR_LONG, FAXNR_LONG

BAS_COMMUNICATION

Reason and Prerequisites

This is caused by a data inconsistency

Solution

Create report Z_OSSNOTE_499789 from the correction instructions in your system and execute it.

For all telephone numbers and for all fax numbers for which the normalized number does not exist or incorrect, the report attempts to determine these.

The report has two sets of radio buttons and a checkbox.

1. If the EmptyTel radio button is selected, the report attempts to determine the missing normalized telephone numbers in ADR2 table.

2. If the AllTel radio button is selected, the report attempts to correct all the normalized telephone numbers in ADR2 table.

3. If the EmptyFax radio button is selected, the report attempts to determine the missing normalized Fax numbers in ADR3 table.

4. If the AllFax radio button is selected, the report attempts to correct all the normalized Fax numbers in ADR3 table.

The report has a test mode in which only a log is displayed, but no changes are made to the database.

Thanks

SK

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question