Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a new button in the PO search summary in SRM 3

matteo_montalto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

my requirement is to add a new button in the search summary for PO in SRM. Here's the task: every time a search is executed, the result is a list of purchase orders and every item has on the left two icons, "Show PO" and "Modify PO". There are merely a shortcut that brings the user to the PO screen in which the document is shown/can be modified.

These two buttons are standard... my task is to add a new button in the template, "Copy PO", which should be a shortcut to the omonimous button which is present in the PO view screen. So I think this new button should work as the two standard ones.

In order to do so, I looked into the proper template: SAPLBBP_PDH_SEARCH, screen 3003, which belongs to the package BBP_PRODOC_C (ITS service BBPSEARCH).

I tried to "duplicate" the part referring to a standard button (e.g. the "display icon" chunk), obtaining a new chunk which represents the new button in the template.

And... it works, in the sense that the button is visible and clickable. So far so good. Here's the questions since I'm not absolutely an expert on Jscript... My button, once clicked, triggers my FORM (PO_COPY) which should receive the header GUID of the Puchase Order.

In debug I've seen that the form fails since it does not receive any parameter, and that's probably related to this section:

(angle brackets omitted, it gave me an error posting tags in sdn)

"JavaScript:HyperSubmit('PO_COPY', '`MAINLIST-LINE_NUMBER[j].value`')"

The problem is I did not understand how to check for possible parameters of this HyperSubmit method. Also, I'd like to check what's the structure of MAINLIST (as far as I've seen, MAINLIST-LINE_NUMBER[j].value is a parameter passed to the form) but don't know how to see that. Can anyone please direct me through these passages? Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matteo Montalto,

Please let me know how you added new button.

Regards,

neelima

matteo_montalto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi neelima,

what's your context? You have to add a button in which screen/on which system?

Please provide further information and open a specific post for your issue, I'll read and help if I can.

matteo_montalto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Solved. thanks anyway