cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Role of HTMLB in webdynpro for java

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

i hava a couple of quries on webdynpro for java.

1.what is the difference b/w HTML and HTMLB ?

2.What is the role of HTMLB in webdynpro application develeopment ?

3. is it possible to include the Javascript or CSS or JSP code in webynpro application development ?

4.For cutomization of business logic in webdynpro application which language we will use (HTMLB or JSP or JAVA) ?

Waiting for the answers .

Regards,

Govindu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member191569
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Govindu,

1 - HTMLB is just a business-oriented SAP tag library for HTML.

2 - In my knowledge, WebDynpro operates at a higher level of abstraction so you cannot deal with HTML nor HTMLB. WebDynpro creates HTMLs and all that stuff for you. ou know, higher-level of abstraction means more business-oriented but less control of details.

3 - I'm not sure at all if you can or cannot include Javascript or CSS when programming WebDynpro (I think you cannot) but, as the the previous point, I think that dealing with that is not the WebDynpro goal.

4 - Java

Hope it helps,

David

siarhei_pisarenka3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>3 - I'm not sure at all if you can or cannot include Javascript or CSS when programming WebDynpro (I think you cannot) but, as the the previous point, I think that dealing with that is not the WebDynpro goal.

+1

In early versions of WebDynpro it was possible to include JS inside security holes, but then the holes was closed. Withing WebDynpro you'd better forget about JS.

BR, Siarhei

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the new releases (>= 7.12 IIRC) there will be a UI element called "WebWidget" which allows to provide custom HTML and Javascript. In older releases you cannot do that and this is by intent.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nice Armin,

I'm not sure if you can help me, but what were the key factors for such an odd "change" in WDP?

I hear here and there about the standartization of User Interface thru force (instead of a UI Guideline) - having something like this for newer releases of 7.01 would be quite nice. Are people considering that or just forgeting older releases?

Regards,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's just a way to open Web Dynpro UIs for custom HTML/Javascript. But if one uses such features, the UI gets client-specific and your Web Dynpro application will not run anymore on all Web Dynpro clients (e.g. Smart Client) without code change.

I have no idea if the WebWidget will be downported to 7.0. You might ask the Web Dynpro product management for a definite answer.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a bunch Armin,

I do understand about these "factors" while dealing with such kind of Component. Of course the developer would have to provide "compatibility" with whatever plataform the client is running. Still, that shouldn't be a problem.

Regards,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in early versions of webdynpro means ?

what is the last version its supported JS in security holes ?

is 7.0 SPx?

Regards,

Goivndu

siarhei_pisarenka3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>what is the last version its supported JS in security holes ?

I cannot remember this I know that it was possible to insert JS in Text Edit or Text View controls, but this is not a good thing.

BR, Siarhei

Answers (0)