Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to add a custom field to a transparent table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to add a field to a standard tranparent table.

could you tell me what is the procedure for that?

Thnx for the help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Click on append structure in Tcode SE11 by entring the standard table and then system will propose you name , you can keep the same name and then append then custom fields in that strucutre.

Mostly the proposed name will be the same as standard table with Z as prefix.

Please awards points if it helps you.

Aman

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Click on append structure in Tcode SE11 by entring the standard table and then system will propose you name , you can keep the same name and then append then custom fields in that strucutre.

Mostly the proposed name will be the same as standard table with Z as prefix.

Please awards points if it helps you.

Aman

Former Member
0 Kudos

That will be a system modification. Is that what you want? Does it contain any INCLUDE structures that you can add new fields to? How do intend to fill this field? Basically, you need to either APPEND or INCLUDE a new structure to it (if it is not standard enhancement) which contains your new field. You will need access key to modify the standard table which your basis team can help in getting it from SAP.

But make sure that you really need to modify this standard table. Which table?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create a structure with your own customer-specific fields. The fields must begin with Z.You may have to create your own data elements and domains for this purpose.

Attach this structure as APPEND STRUCTURE for the standard

table where you want add the fields for it.

Hope this helps..

Thanks,

Vamshi Tallada

0 Kudos

Hi all,

thnx for the inputs. Basically my requirement is to implement a sap note. For this, i need to copy some fields to the tables..

thnx very much.