cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This question is for SAP!!!! Regarding Personalization!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

With the needs from client, i got a requirement which is similar to Plumtree personalization..!!!

The requirement is, Is there any way , where end-user can personalize the page as he wants.. I mean personalize by allowing the end-user to drag the iViews from one part of the page to other part of the page. As, we do by the community manager in the Plumtree Portal.

<i><b>Is this available on the current EP???

If not Does SAP have any plans on these kind of requirement???

If so, Possibly when can it happen???</b></i>

Thanks in advance,

Raghavendra Pothula

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

achim_hauck2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Raghavendra,

I don't know Plumtree, but at SAP Portal, the end-user already has the possibility to change the layout of a page (click on the "Options"-Button of the page, select "Personalize", then you can drag&drop the iViews within the layout of the page). if the page has more layouts assigned, you even can use other layout styles.

kr, achim

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghav,

Personalization is a feature which the users would always ask and they assume it to be as easy as yahoo etc.However personalization features are a bit limited in EP.

Maybe this suggestion could be useful.

We had created a blank page and attached it to a role called "My Page". The user is allowed to add any iviews that he wants to this page. The biggest catch in EP is that the user would then have to be given the access to the PCD where he needs to locate the iview and add it to the page. Hence the catch of training him how to find the iview in the PCD.

Again the problem with SAP and BW iviews is that they would require an entire page to view else the users need to scroll within the iview to see the details which would irritate them.

Ping me a email if you need some tips.

Regards,

Rajan.K

Dan_Wroblewski
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Hi Raghavendra,

Was Achim's answer helpful? Does it answer your question?

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Yes, Achim's answer gave me answer!!! Thanks for you both!! I couldnt able to update due to some reasons.

Thanks,

Raghavendra