cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection error in JDBC Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using PI 7.1 and created a JDBC Receiver Comm. Channel.

When I try to create an External Definition in ESR using the mentioned JDBC Channel, I get the following error:

Serialized cause: com.sap.aii.mapping.lookup.LookupException: Connection to system RUNTIME using application RUNTIME lost. Detailed information: Error accessing "http://pidev.ndpl.com:50000/run/system/int?container=web" with user "PIREPUSER". Response code is 500, response message is "Internal Server Error"

+ at com.sap.aii.ibrep.server.lookup.LookupServiceProvider$RemoteClientDelegator.call(LookupServiceProvider.java:122)+

Please help!!!!

regards,

Piyush

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Piyush,

I dont think so its problem because of JDBC receiver channel conenction,its PI Server error.are you using same communication channel in any JDBC Look ups,try to create dummy mapping and use JDBC lookup function,is it able to connect to data base,then its not a problem with Receiver Channel.

When your are trying to import meta data from Data Base as external table ,i think you need to seelct external data base type as DBTable,i hoping you are using same.check once again .

Regards,

raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

I am not using any look up function.

My only intention is to test the jdbc connection.

I am usinng "SQL Server JDBC Driver 2.0" with PI 7.1 and MS SQL Server 2000.

I also deployed the test appliction for jdbc test as per the note 1085539. It also gives the following error:

Exception Occurred : The TCP/IP connection to the host 192.168.164.129, port 445 has failed. Error: "connect timed out. Verify the connection properties, check that an instance of SQL Server is running on the host and accepting TCP/IP connections at the port, and that no firewall is blocking TCP connections to the port.".

-

Exception Stack Trace : com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: The TCP/IP connection to the host 192.168.164.129, port 445 has failed. Error: "connect timed out. Verify the connection properties, check that an instance of SQL Server is running on the host and accepting TCP/IP connections at the port, and that no firewall is blocking TCP connections to the port.".

at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException.makeFromDriverError(SQLServerException.java:170)

regards,

Piyush

Edited by: Piyush Mathur SAP on Nov 7, 2009 6:21 AM

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See if you can do a test connect to the database at the IP and port specified.

Regards

Ravi Raman

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

He this problem occurs when you are using wrong URL adress,refer below link there is a solution for this

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/sqlreportingservices/thread/bd5bb6c2-a4d9-4071-b2e6-a6....

Regards,

Raj