cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Self password reset

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have EP 7.0 and backend data source is ERP 6.0.

In EP I want to enable self password reset. I have assigned the follwoing UME actions:-

Manage_My_Password

Logon_Help

Selfregister_User

Now in EP intial screen following links are coming :-

New Here? Register Now...

Logon Problems? Get Support

When we click on Get support, it asks for ID and Email (as I have not checked the boxes to ask for 1st and last name in UME properties).

But when i click on Submit button there, it does not move ahead. It does not go ahead to any link.

Under UME properties, what all I have to select. I also have security question disabled.

Kindly help in enabling self password reset

Regards,

Tajinder

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member1042016
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are looking to activate the functionality of Auto generation of passwords in EP logon screen. I would be glad if you could let me know the steps we need to follow in order to view the link (Get Support ) on the LOGIN screen.

Waiting for your reply at the earliest.

Thanks & Regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Better your visit the link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/45/7e6313d8780dece10000000a11466f/content.htm

Regards

ASADUZZAMAN

Edited by: shilamoni on Nov 7, 2009 4:58 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have chekced that page already.

I tried first by disabling the security question. I also disabled to enter 1st and last name.

And after that when i used to click on "Logon Problems? Get Support " link and then enter ID and email, it did not move ahead. It just stucks on that page only.

Then I tried to enable security question and when i go to that link, and then i enter ID and email, it moves ahaead to security question window. There i get the following message: -

"You have not set a security question. Go to "Manage my profile" to choose a security question."

I do not find any link "Manage my profile". Where will I find it and how to go about it.

Kindly help

Regrads,

Tajinder

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Were you able to get the manage my profile link?

Regards ,
Navya