cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heuristic /SAPAPO/HEUR_MERGE_ORDERS is not planning as expected

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We want to consolidate / merger daily planned orders to monthly/weekly using heuristic SAP_PI_001.

We have maintained all the prerequisites as

1. All orders must reference the same production process model

2. All orders must be planned orders

3. All orders must be synchronized, that is, the start and end times of the orders must be the same.

4. All orders must be scheduled at a multi resource with storage characteristics

5. Synchronization must be activated in the master data of the resource 

Inspite of this heuristic is not merging the orders. After executing in DS board, we are getting message as Planning executed without any resylt.

Has anybody came across such situations

Will you plz throw some light in this issue?

Thx,

Mangesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mangesh,

Check the lot size in material master maintained whether is it periodic lot size.

You need to maintain periodic lot size and mention period type as monthly

alongwith number of periods and then retry

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Thanks for quick help

I have checked it is periodic ( weekly )lot size only. Still it is not merging the orders

any clue on this?

with regards

Mangesh A. Kulkarni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check Max Lot size on PPM/PDS

Also Start and end time of orders should be same in DS Planning Board.

THis heuriustic works only interactively in DS Planning Board

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pankaj,

Thanks for the helpful reply,

Is there any way to execute the merging heuristic for Product view (/SAPAPO/RRP3) or as a batch job

thanks

Mangesh A. Kulkarni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mangesh,

SAP_PI_001 can only be run interactively. This answer I got from SAP in a customer message. We afterward tried to create our own algorithm similar to SAP's merge heuristic, but finally figured it was easier to automate this task in R/3.

You can add SAP_PI_001 to the heuristic profile for RRP3, then run it interactively in RRP3 under the variable heuristic button.

Steps:

In RRP3, discover your default heuristic profile Settings>User settings>Profile tab then find the Heuristic profile. Standard in SCM is SAP002 but in your company it might be different.

Then IMG>APO>Supply chain planning>PPDS>Order view>Heuristics in the order view>Maintain Heuristics Profile. Select your default Heuristics profile and add SAP_PI_001.

This heuristic is designed for use in detailed scheduling screen, but I have used it in RRP3. I selected the orders I wanted to Merge, executed the heuristic, and Voila, one order. Naturally, the resulting order must 'fit' in using your existing scheduling strategy, since there are no scheduling settings in the Heuristic itself.

Rgds,

DB49

Answers (0)