cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dynamic product proposal

Former Member
0 Kudos

i'm trying to use dynamic product proposal for a particular customer. but when i goto create sales order, under edit, display range, product proposal (active <>inactive) is suppressed, meaning i can't choose it. how would i activate this?

also, could someone guide me through dynamic product proposal step by step, i think i might be making a mistake somewhere.

thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you activated Dynamic Product Proposal for your Document Type?

Follow this:

IMG - Sales and Distribution - Basic Functions - Dynamic Product Proposal - Assign Document Procedure for Product Proposal to Sales Document Types

Here maintain the Dynamic Product Proposal to your Sales Document Type.

Also you dont need any config setting if you are using SAP standard settings. Just activate the Dy. Product Proposal for your Document Type & it will work.

Hope this helsp...

Thanks,

JIgnesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

i already went into assign document proc for prod prop to sales document type and have already assigned a prod prop doc proc to the sales document type, but when i go into create order and edit, prod prop is still suppressed. ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

In sale order go to Edit ->Propose item, Here you need to mention the item proposal number

thank you

Anirudh

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

Go to your Customer Code (XD02) - Sales Area View -

In the Feild "PP cust. proc." Etner - A (Product proposal)

This will solve your issue...

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

i did that already but it's suppressed. i enter sold to party and hit enter. then goto edit ---> display range ---> product proposal (active/inactive) but i can't choose it because it's suppressed, i can see it but can't select it.

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As sugested by me above try this:

Go to your Customer Code (XD02) - Sales Area View -

In the Feild "PP cust. proc." Etner - A (Product proposal)

This will solve the issue...

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

jignesh,

i had already done that too in xd02. i already have it as A in there. but it still doesn't show at the order level.

Edited by: astromar79 on Nov 6, 2009 10:02 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

In a sale order go to Edit --> Propose item & not the path which you are following.

When you click on the propose item, one pop up screen will come.

Please provied the Item proposal doc number.

You will be diplayed with the items & qty (if it is maintained)

thank you

Anirudh

Former Member
0 Kudos

the path you're telling me (propose item) is for item proposal not product proposal. item proposal can be maintained in va51, but i'm trying to explore the functionality of product proposal and the only place i see that is in edit ---> display range ---> prod prop.

Former Member
0 Kudos

anyone?

also, i have a feeling my prod proposal procedure is not entered correctly. could someone help me with this procedure?

prod prop is still greyed out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

okay i figured it out. i was editing the proc in "maintain proc deter (in background)", when i was suppose to do edit the proc in "maintain proc deter (online)". if that helps anyone, there you go.

but i have one issue now, right now when i create an order, as soon as i enter customer, it proposes a few line items for material based on order history. however, i don't want it to be based on history, i want it to be based on ONLY item proposal that i have maintained in va51. anyone know how i can do this? what do i need to change in the proc for prod prop???

Former Member
0 Kudos

okay, figured that out as well. basically, you go into the action seq that you're using and in function module you enter: SD_DPP_PRODUCT_PROPOSAL because this is the function module included in the standard system for item proposal. and for source key, enter C for item proposal. should work now.

thank you!

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

Good to see that you tried your best & got the final solution yourself...

If your issue is resolved then kindly appreciate the contributions by SCN Members & close the thread...

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Answers (0)