Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.1 Doubt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

i have some doubts relating to the PI 7.1

1) IN XI/Pi we used to have only the Integartion Repository(IR) and it was used for the Design Time Activities. in the new version there are two things a) Enterprise Repository b) Service repository

could you help me to undertsand cleary for what they are used for???

Thanx in Advance

peace

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Enterprise Services Builder is your IR

Service Registry is used to host the webservices that you develop in PI

Changes are done to make PI7.1 in-line with (e)SOA concept.

There are good blogs and documents available for Service Registry...please do make a search on SDN for it.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naga,

The Enterprise Service Repository used for designing interface in PI7.1,its has Service Registry .Service registry contains entries for all services and service definitions in that landscape.SAP already developed services and stored in Service registry)Service Repository(.If you want to publish you interface you can .

Service registry based on UDDI3.0 ,if you know baiscs architecture about SOA,then you will understand the functionality of Service Repository.In PI7.1 SAP Develoepd some global Data types,these all stored in Servie Registry only,we can say its a UDDI based server where we can store services and consume services.

finally its part of Enterprise Service repositiory.

Regards,

Raj

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP moving towards the concept of SOA (Service Oriented Architecture) has included ESR (Enterprise Repository )and SR (Service repository).

SOA is for service enabling the interface i.e. exposing it as webSericve that can be consumed by other thus increases the reusablily.

So you design you design time components in ESR and publish it as service in SR.

I sure this[ FAQ|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/nw-soa;jsessionid=(J2EE3417700)ID0113128550DB10782843453064106171End?rid=/webcontent/uuid/00fabd90-c854-2b10-419f-b601de1cd227] can help you to understand SR better.

~SaNv...