cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JNLP only with XI ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

I have to execute a jnlp application from Portal 6 SP15. For this I put the JNLP and the JAR at KM Content.I set a link to it's address.

The application use jdk1.5.0_06. At the moment I click the link the Java Web Start's Splash is display.After a seconds: resource can't be download (java web start download error).

When I search for documentation all I found was JNLP at XI, so I'm thinking that probably I put it in the wrong place. I read "WebStart Clients and SAP NetWeaver.pdf" but the app was develop with the standard eclipse not with NWDS, so I want to know where I have to copy and paste ir to make it work.

Thanks a lot for your time on this thread.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are a couple of reasons which might cause this problem.

1. The JNLP file sets a target of 1.4x Java versions and hence is not compatible with 1.5.

Note : If you see in general, the sucess of 1.5 with all such things is not majorly tested. for XI also it is not recommended to go beyond 1.4.9_x versions of Java.

2. Your proxy settings prohibit Web start to download the jar files from server.

3.Might be an issue with the link setting. Refer Sun documentation for use of the links.

<b>but the app was develop with the standard eclipse not with NWDS, so I want to know where I have to copy and paste ir to make it work.</b>

this wont cause any problem.:) NWDS ultimately is a customization of eclipse!!.

Rgds,

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amol Joshi but some tuning at the javaws make it work.

JNLP NOT only with XI !!!