cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assignments Branch in SAP MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement where there is a field called Finantials in my main table and the type of finantials is qualified.In this table I have a field with name Invoice verification which is a non qualifier and type lookup[flat].Now the requirement is whenever a main table record is created and this invoice verification field is null I have to assign it a default value .Any idea if someone has done this before

Second question is the option to branch an assignment turns out to be greyed out.I need to know why?Is it because there is no taxononmy table in my repository

Thanks

Vinay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

1. Does this mean you want to create one qualified record whenever main table record gets created? If yes, i dont this is possible and i can think of two reasons

- We cannot assign value to Qualified table field unless there is a association between main table record and qualified table record and this association cannot be created dynamically.

- We cannot run assignments on Qualified table fields

2. Yes, it is mandatory to have Taxonomy table and lookup field to create Assignment Branch

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh ,

Just one more thing .I am not creating any dynamic record.Say the main table record along with qulaified field details already exist.egs let assume company code and invoice verification are in 1 qualified table

Vendorno Companycode Invoice verification

10000000 C1(non qualifier) I1(qualifier = "yes")

Then suppose Invoice verification field for some record is null then I need to run assignment on the main table vendor and need to fill this field with default value.

Thanks

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

I understood your requirement completely but it is not possible to run assignments on qualified table fields and you can find lots of threads supporting this statement and i dont think we can set default values without using assignments

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh ,

I will try to make it more clear :)..See In qualified table there are prepopulated links already .Even when a new link is needed it will get inserted as per the demand.But for non qualifiers which are directly linked to main tables there is a field which if not filled by user needs to be filled with default value.As per my testing I am not able to achive this.

Thanks

Vinay