cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change password for Domain\SAPservice<SID> and <sid>adm user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys

During NW711 installation, Ii gave OS User password different with master password.

Now i would like to synchronise the OS User password with master password(DDIC/SAP)

How to change the password for below users

SAP System administrator <Domain>\<sid>adm

SAP System Service User<Domain>\SAPService<sid>

Appreciate immediate response.

regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

As per standard, I advise to keep all the servers (SAP related) running with Domani\SIDADM user ID & password.

thus, it will be easy for regular maintenance work as it's not advised to keep same password longer then a quarter days.

anyways...as suggested in the previous replies...if you have your domain 'Active Directory' authorization ....you can change the password for your Domain level UserID under specific Organization Unit (OU).

Regards

Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

for changing o.s user password right click on my computer --> manage ->local users-->select the user and set the password. this will reset the password.

Regards

Zia

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Inform your system administrator to change the password of OS user .

After changing the password you have process certain steps, pls refer the below link for you reference.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/0a/0a2e51ef6211d3a6510000e835363f/content.htm

thanks

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I am not wrong you system is installed in windows. You can change the password in the domian controller under users OU or you can ask your domian administrator to change the same. But, I would recommend not to do this as after chaging the password the sap system will not start and you need to update the changed password in all the places wherever the mentioned IDs are used. For eg. in SAP_<SID> service and SAPOSCOL service.

Also, if the installation is in cluster then need to be more carefull and see where all need to update the changed password.

Thanks & Regards,

Sharath