Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Can I make Use of XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am a kind of newbie in to this world of XI,

I have a quick question,Before stepping into the question please look in to my Existing process.

I have a J2EE product,

which needs the business data from differant versions of R/3 systems (for example 3.1,4.3,4.6c)

and some other systems as well(say people soft and few other legacy systems),

If I am asked to deploy my J2EE product at a ABC client site who has already the above environment(SAP and other systems),

The scenario would be :

1.Extracting the needed data from all the business environments of the client ABC(SAP 3.1,4.3,4.6c, People soft, Legacy)

2.Converting them in to the flat files and placing in FTP

3.Communicating thru my product to the FTP

4 Loading in to the database which is compatible with my product(say Oracle,SQL Server,DB2...etc)

Currently for Extracting the data from SAP Systems,

I am writing the ABAP programs to extract the data from the client systems,

which will create the needed flat files in FTP,

But In case of the extraction other than SAP systems,

Client ABC will be giving me the needed data from the other business systems in the required flat file format,

Step 4 will be handled by my J2EE product when all the needed filed are ready in the specified FTP location.

Now my question is,

How can I make use of Exchange Infrastructure process integration methodology in my current business process,

It would be great if some one can propose in enhancing the process by making use of XI,

Thanks in Advance,I look forward for a quick response.

Regards,

Sanjeev.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev Kumar,

Here i am passing someinformation it might help you

1. In SLD

Need to create one web java Tech systems and web abap technical system and same as business systems need to create.

2. IR

You need to create Data Types behand that you need to type a sproxy command there you need to write abap code in these IR you need to Map where to go and where send means interface need to design.

3. ID

Here you need to configure the ADAPTER from jdbc and or you can jsm where you want to send or reaciver .. these is time process..

Hope if these info will help you.

Regd's

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr.Hari reddy,

Thanx for the inputs,

By following the procedure given by you how can I avoid running the Extraction programs in ABC client's environment,

I am looking for a way where I can directly write the logic with in XI for extracting the data from SAP and other systems and moving in to my oracle database,

Here the senders should be as

Sender 1:SAP3.1

Sender 2:SAP4.3

sender 3:SAP4.6

Sender 4:People soft

sender 5:Legacy1

sender 6:legacy2

Reciever should be a single Oracle Database on which my j2ee product will be sitting.

Is there any way that I can configure XI to run the extraction logic for each individual node such as

sender1-Oracle

sender2-oracle e.t.c

which should happen on a daily basis for me,

is there any way can I configure XI,

If yes please provide me some details on that front.

Thanx for your time

Regards,

Sanjeev.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

To dump the file from SAP systems

>> For this, you can make use of ABAP proxy->XI->File Scenario. Because ABAP programs are already in place, and in this program you can call proxy method so that messages/data are in XI and then XI can send this into any location using FTP .

To loading into DataBase

>> For this you have JDBC adapters provided by XI and you can make use of this. ALso you can write Java Proxy for this.

Getting data from Legacy Systems

>> You can make use File Adapter to get the data from different legacy systems.

Entire design is based on your system landscape, how each systems are communicating/type of protocol/format etc. XI will understand only xml format.. So if any of the data format is other than this , then you need to convert your source data format into XML format with the help of Adapters.

There are many blogs/documents about Legcay system to XI etc..

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr.moorthy,

Thanx for your time,

I replied with some more details abt the proposed solution in configuring XI,

Please look in to that and replay me ASAP.

Regards,

Sanjeev.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr.Moorthy ,

I am basically looking out for a entirely new solution right from the SLD set up itself,

Please propose me if you gets any idea.

regards,

Sanjeev.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>I am looking for a way where I can directly write the logic with in XI for extracting the data from SAP and other systems and moving in to my oracle database,</i>

>>>Think XI is an EAI tool. So you need to write a logic in the SAP systems to push the data into XI. Or even you can make XI to poll the data from SAP.

<i>Here the senders should be as

Sender 1:SAP3.1

Sender 2:SAP4.3

sender 3:SAP4.6

Sender 4:People soft

sender 5:Legacy1

sender 6:legacy2

Reciever should be a single Oracle Database on which my j2ee product will be sitting.</i>

Ideally you can have 3 entries for all 3 SAP systems in SLD.

For PeopleSoft system,Legacy1,Legacy2 different SLD entries.. SO it is something like you need to have Business system for each Systems.

Then I suggest, you have already ABAP programs in place, you can use this and you can call proxy from these programs. So that you can avoid doing some of the developments. But inorder to process on Proxy you need to have SAP WAS6.40 and above or SAP WAS 6.20 with add-ins.

If this is not feasible then you need to eithe go with Idoc/RFC sturctures from the R/3 sides.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/02/265c3cf311070ae10000000a114084/frameset.htm

First try to lay out the system landscape design with message exchange format etc.

Then it is possible to do the design easily.

For e.g from Peoplesoft you will get the data in file format. That time you can go with File->XI->Data Base scenario.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy