cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help with material group and customer

Former Member
0 Kudos

this is what i'm trying to do. i've segregated all my ferts into material groups. now when i go into va01 to create sales order and enter customer, i want it the system to suggest material that is only relevant for that customer, by material group, not by sales view which is the current setting. is there a way i can link customer to a material group? and if i do that will it suggest material for that customer when i goto the line item to enter material??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i want it the system to suggest material that is only relevant for that customer, by material group, not by sales view which is the current setting

Can you more clear abt "Suggest Material" in Sales Order. You mean to say, Material should not consider the sales area in which you are creating / using customer ?

This logic is, given to check-whether this particular material is allowed for sale from the respective sales area or not? Sytem proposes/allowed materials which is created/declared for sale in that sales area.

Former Member
0 Kudos

well, there can be many materials that can belong to the same sales area as the customer's sales area, but only a few of these materials are valid for a particular customer. what i'm trying to use is item proposal, which i've tried. but the system still lets me add materials in the item line that are not in the item proposal but are in the customer's sales area. i want to restrict the system from letting me add any other material that is NOT in the item proposal list, regardless of if it's in the same sales area. is this possible?

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

Have you tried "Listing & exclusion"

For a particular Customer you can set Listing (i.e. which Materials are allowed for this Customer) or set Exclusion (i.e. which materials are not allowed for this Cusotmer).

Listing / Exclusion Condition Records can be maintained at VB01

Config settings for Listing / exclusion at - IMG - SD - Basic Functions - Listing/Exclusion.

Hope this helps.. .

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

do i need to configure anything in spro? i know you have me the link for spro, but what do i need to put there? if i create a listing and add 2 materials for a certain customer, then on the order screen it won't let me add any material but those 2 materials for that customer? what about dynamic proposal? can i use that too?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In listing system will allow you to enter only those materials for the specific customer for which you have created condition records. If you try to enter other materials in the sales order than you maintained in VB01, system will throw an error

The same thing will happen in Exclusion - only the difference is you cant enter the material in the sales order for which you have created condition record in the VB01

In SPRO you can customize the procedure as per your req. like whether you want to have customer and material or anything else say material group. Then you will need to configure Access Sequence with key combination as Customer and Material Group

Then assign this acc. seq to condition type, assign this cond. type to procedure and finally assign this proce. to sales doc. type

But while doing this copy the standard Access Seq. and then make changes to the copied one.

Hope it helps you

regards,

Sagar

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

Frist difference Dynamic Product Proposal & Listing / Exclusion:

Dynamic Product Proposal is just list of Materials that is proposed as soon as you enter Customer Code in Sales Order. Customer can order materials that are not contained in Dynamic Product Proposal. It is for ease of Order Entry.

Listing / Exclusion is a List of maintained in system which restricts Customer to Order mateirals not mentioned in LIsting,

Thus in your case List / Exclusion is better option

As far as Config is concerned if you want to restrict the Materials based on Customer Code then no config. changes is required because the standard table 001 (Customer / Material) is already available.

Just maintain Condition Record in VB01 & try to create Sales Order. You will clearly see the effect.

Only config. you will need is this:

IMG - Sales and Distribution - Basic Functions - Listing/Exclusion - Activate listing/exclusion by sales document type (To activate Listing / exclution for your Sales Document Type. Maintain A00001 & B00001 here.

Hope this helps.. .

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta