cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver channel cannot access folder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

my issue is about my ftp receiver channel. the channel cannot access a directory found in a server.

i am able to access the directory from an ftp cleint but the channel always get a time out due to an invalid address.

what is weird is that the channel is able to access the server but not the directory in the server.

i checked other issues in the forum but most wer due to wrong directory names and slashes...

can anyone please guide me?

thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
i checked other issues in the forum but most wer due to wrong directory names and slashes...

what is the format in which you have given the target filepath.....try using IP address of the ftp server instead of the name

IPAddress/foldername ... if not checked already then reading step 2 in this blog may help:

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/08/01/along-came-a-file-adapter-mr-ftp-and-rest-of-the-gang

Regards,

Abhishek.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It was a problem with access right to the folder.

thx anyways

Former Member
0 Kudos

my issue is about my ftp receiver channel. the channel cannot access a directory found in a server. 
i am able to access the directory from an ftp cleint but the channel always get a time out due to an invalid address.

what is weird is that the channel is able to access the server but not the directory in the server.

Try the below:

1. Goto Start ---> run --> drivers --> etc --> hosts --> ADD YOUR HOST NAME AND IP OF THE SERVER HERE

2.Check the root for the folder to which the ftp has been given For eg: if the ftp is activated on the path C: driver\Inbox then in the communication channel just give the value \ and nothing else as it is directly accessing the folder and the path need not be given.

This should help.

Cheers

Dhwani