cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OLAP BAPI novice questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am a newcomer to OLAP BAPIs. So, please excuse me if these questions are basic.

1. I understand that it is possible to issue an MDX query on an InfoCube, but what if I want to select data form a Query that was already designed using BEx Query Designer? Is it possible to select data from a Query designed in BEx using OLAP BAPIs?

2. Is it possible to use variables using OLAP BAPIs? I guess variables are applicable only for queries defined using BEx and not for direct MDX queries. Is that correct? What are the restrictions in using variables using OLAP BAPIs?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found the answers to my questions. I am posting here just in case anybody needs to validate it.

1) Yes, it is possible to select data from Queries designed in BEx using OLAP BAPI. The query itself is exposed as a cube (called QUERYCUBE). The convention $INFOCUBE/QUERYNAME can be used to refer to the query cube.

2) Variables are applicable only for QueryCubes defined in BEx. SAP provides a proprietary extension to MDX for passing values for the variables. It is not possible to use variables with InfoCubes.

I still have not found the restrictions for using variables from OLAP BAPI.