SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compare Migration Object Reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

how can i compare the migration reports gernerated by Emigall? I mean to say that there is option of versions like in report programs, while in emigall reports, only 1 version is there always whether any nymber of changes has been made to the object and report has been genrated again, how can i track what changes have been made to a migration object. plz help

thank u

Ram

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As mentioned, there is not much functionality to track the changes in the generated report program. One approach that I sometime use is that I maintain my own personalized company code and take a backup of all the objects in the development company in my own company at the end of day, and transport it to a local file.

Then, if I need to check if any changes were made in the field mappings or rules or events, I simply do a comparison of the objects in my company. It shows the various changes made in the development company. Not the best of the approaches, but I find it quite useful sometimes.

Regards,

Sachin.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

friedrich_keller
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ram,

I'm afraid bit the IS Migration Workbench does not keep a record of changes, such as, change documents, multiple versions of the load report etc. The only thing you can do is who changed the objects/structure/field last - that's it.

Until now I haven't got a serious development request for such an implementation.

Kind regards,

Fritz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As mentioned, there is not much functionality to track the changes in the generated report program. One approach that I sometime use is that I maintain my own personalized company code and take a backup of all the objects in the development company in my own company at the end of day, and transport it to a local file.

Then, if I need to check if any changes were made in the field mappings or rules or events, I simply do a comparison of the objects in my company. It shows the various changes made in the development company. Not the best of the approaches, but I find it quite useful sometimes.

Regards,

Sachin.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Just to complete: You find the function that Sachin mentioned in the menu Utilities -> More Utilities -> Compare Objects.

Kind regards,

Fritz