Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 x 4 inches label in SAP Script

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to convert an SAP Script form into 4 x 4 Inches (Label) and how to achieve it. Later i will print it through Zebra(105SL)/Printronix(T5000) printers and the Barcodes should also be compatible to either of these printers.

Right now it is in the page format DINA4 (210MM x 297 MM) and iam unable to find an standard SAP format in the pulldown menu nearer to 4 x 4 inches. so do i need to create a new page format or how to achieve this.

I'm open to all of your suggesstions.

regards,

karthik.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried DINA3. We are using this one for our 4X5 inch label.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

You need not create a new 4 X 4 page format for the label. You can use the std DINA4 page. Define a main window of the size 4 X 4 and upload the text generated by the BARone tool in the ITF format and try printing it will work fine.

Remember the main control is done at the zebra printer. You need to make sure that the printer is set to print 4 X 4 labels.

We are printing many labels all using DIAN4 and have no issues at all.

Cheers

VJ

0 Kudos

u have to create new page format for lable..

for making new page format...

Transaction SPAD -->Full Administration >Page Formats>create new>Format Types> create n attach ur page format-->save..

For the above, u need to consult ur BASIS fellow for authorisations.

for zebra printer use.....

Download label definition into print file: Choose File ® Create Format for SAP R/3 to convert the printer commands into an ITF file that is suited for import into SAPscript. The Download Stored Format Wizard appears and allows you to choose between two procedures:

Download the label definition into the Zebra printer (RAM or nonvolatile memory) and create a merge file for SAPscript.

Create a file for SAPscript that contains label definition plus variable data.

For performance reasons you should prefer the first method, since that print files created in R/3 to be sent to the printer have only minimal size. With the second method, even though you avoid keeping the label definition in the printer, you must pass the entire label definition to the printer for each label you print from R/3 (including graphics, fonts, and so on), which is considerably slower.

BAR-ONE in both cases creates a file with the extension ".ITF".

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

check the program "RSTXFCON" which allows you to change the page format of exixted script.

Regards,

Sudheer.A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanx for all ur replies. so using the Barone software i need to prepare the ITF files..?

But here my main concern is that the barcode generated should be compatible to both Zebra(105SL)/Printronix(T5000) printers.

How to achieve this.