cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another question about SAP ECC IDoc to PI scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have connected a new SAP PI system to an existing ECC system. I have created RFC destinations and ports. Sending IDocs from PI to ECC is OK. The other direction is not OK yet.

In ECC there are some partner profiles in we20 (for non PI systems) and IDocs in WE19. How can I send a test IDoc (e.g. DELVRY05) from ECC to SAP PI? Which steps are mandatory? As mentioned above, I have created RFC destination (works fine) and port in we21.

What I did: I opened an IDoc in we19 (DELVRY05) and changed the receiver port to the reciever port for the SAP PI System. After outbound processing I get the message "IDoc transmitted to port or subsystem" (something like that, standard OK message). But the IDoc does not show in SAP PI sxmb_moni. I cannot find any error message in ECC or PI.

Is it necessary that there is a partner profile in WE20 which has configured the DELVRY05 outbound IDoc and the SAP PI port for outbound processing? Isn't it enough to define the receiver port in WE19, although there is no partner with this port in we20?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Christoph

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Problem solved. The port in PI system was not like SAP<sysid>

Thanks,

Christoph

abhijitbolakhe
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

HI

For ECC to PI

1) Create RFC Destination in ECC ...SM59..give XI ip,login,password details.

2) Create a port in WE21....

3) Create Partner Profile in WE20...type LS...Partner profile name should be same as the ECC logical system name.

In Outbound parameters..assign the idoc message types and the receiver port.

4) Testing ; WE19

a)sender port : SAPXXX (XXX is ECC host name)

b) partner no: ECC partner profile

c) partner type : LS

d)Receiver Port :SAPXXX (XXX is XI host name)

e) partner type: receiver logical system

f) partner type : LS

message type : Idoc message type

Click on standard outbound processing tab.

A popup will show in green with partner profile details.

Regards

Abhijit

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this wiki on the steps required to send IDOC to XI:

[http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/SAPR3(Idocs)ToXI--Steps+Summarized|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/SAP%20R3%20%28Idocs%29%20To%20XI%20--%20Steps%20Summarized]

And this for settings in XI: /people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/02/23/configuration-steps-required-for-posting-idocsxi

For testing IDOC: /people/suraj.sr/blog/2005/12/29/generate-test-case-for-an-idoc-scenario

If you feel that all the settings are already done but still IDOC is causing some processing then monitor you IDOC using this guide:

/people/kamalkumar.ramakrishnan/blog/2008/02/13/monitoring-the-idoc-adapter-in-xipi-using-idx5

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to SM58 & see if there is anything struck there.??

"Problem analysis Guide - Sending an IDoc through XI Failed " has sequnce of steps to identify the issue

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/EN/6a/e6194119d8f323e10000000a155106/content.htm

Regards,

Siva Maranani