cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deep Structures in Adobe Forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are deep structures allowed within Adobe Forms?

I keep getting the error "Exception condition "TYPE_NOT_FOUND" raised" when I try to enter the form layout. In the context view, the deep structure is visible; however, the DATA segment of the nested table does not reveal the contents of that table. I have verified that all elements of the deep structure have been activated down to the domain level.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello, I some time face weird problems with data types in Forms, especially the standard SAP ones (e.g. FMBL table lines etc.).

I always solve it using non standard data types, mostly only a useful part (like 10 fields) of some of the standard structure (FMBL has dozens of fields).

If you would like to solve the problem. Create your own DDIC. If you are curious about the reason, this cannot be easily solved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using a custom deep structure which I created. I'm wondering if this is just a limitation within SAP Adobe Forms.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have never faced a depth limitation in Adobe forms. I have developed forms with 5-6 levels of data hierarchy, using tables of tables of tables and have not noticed any problem (except the performance:))).

I recommend to check the DDIC types used in the form. Something could have been deleted, altered or something.

I have also faced a problem when some fields could not have been used in form even if it was a proper standard SAP data type. Here I can recommend using your own type and map the standard fields which cause problems into your fields and next to the form.

You can debug your problem deactivating the nodes of the DDIC structures you use. Right-click in context on a element you want to deactivate. You can find the field which causes the problem this way.

Good luck, O.