cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CATS validation and Network with external numbers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the following two different question on CATS and Projects Systems.

1. I need to configure the CATS system, so that the user cannot enter more than 9 hrs/day or more than 45 hrs/week in CAT2 timesheet. Where to do this configuration?

2. I need to assign external numbers in networks. I know that I can customize the number ranges for network by clicking the "ext" option in SPRO. My question is how can I use this configured external number when I create networks in CJ20N (when I create the networks, it's automatically using internal assigned number)?

Aman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nitin

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. The same is linked with data entry profile, in data entry check section Time type Target hrs. Give F4 there, IF values are not defined inTime Management section than you have to define daily work schedule / period work schedule in consultation with HR. This is HR Customization.

2. I think you have not properly defined your Number Range Interval in OPSC Order Type. Assgning to A to ZZZZZZZZ Number range for your order type and create Network for that order type under WBS, sys will proposes WBS no as network number , if you want you can always change the same.

If you create network directly with out WBS than system will ask you to insert external no.

WIth Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answers Nitin. #1 was very helpful. In regards with #2, the requirement I have is to allow the user to enter a eight digit number. Creating this 8 digit number range in CO82 will be sufficient or are we need to create network profiles / network types and assign the 8 digit number to these profiles?

Aman

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Number range in SAP is controlled by the Order type., So, Better approach is that you assign number range in to required order type, and use this order type in your network profile, This all you can achieve in OPSC Txn. This will give you better control & the same is recomended approach.

WIth Regards

Nitin P.