cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery completion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our client is very concerned that they do not know when all of a production order is completed and packed so they do not know when to create the delivery and pick the packed stock. I cannot think of any obvious way to check this that links the completed production order to the sales order - does anyone know of any report that will confirm this? Just for clarification here is an exmaple of the scenario:

- Make to Order Sales order created for 100,000

- MRP generates Production Order for 100,000

- Here is the key bit - PRODUCTION MAY NOT BE FOR THE EXACT ORDER QUANTITY

- Production may create several batches to fulfill the order quantity and production may be producing partial quantities over a period of days or even weeks (e.g. 10,000 one day, 14,500 the next, 40,000 the next week and 34,500 the week after that so we end up with a total of 99,000)

- When Production Order batches are completed they are packed and held as finished packed stock (in handling units).

- The Deliveries can be created at any time.

- Picking of the packed stock can be completed anytime

- But the customer is very concerned that during their delivery procesisng and picking processes, they have no visibility of whether or not (a) the final Production Order quantity and (b) how much packed finished stock is available for picking to the delivery.

If anyone know of any effective way of monitoring the produiction order final quantity against the sales order quantity and then identifying how much of that finished/packed production order stock is available or picking I would be very grateful.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charlie

I hope you must be using Finished goods store .make it mandetory to use fg store for picking.

After your material is packed it must go to FG store .Using transaction MMBE and giving the material code and FG store u can easily get stock quantity, You can also use T.codes MB5B,MB52,MB53,MSC3N for stock monitoring.

Regards

Mandar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandar,

thanks for the suggesiton but this does not answer the question - my question is not where I can view finished stock, it is how do I know when a production order has completed so that I can then ship the finished goods.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can either set up a workflow, where by as soon as the Production Order status is complete in the system, you can get an email in your SAP inbox.

Also you can check table AUFK for the status of the Production Order.

Best Regards