cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MessagePool: unable to edit values (text)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In my application i had

xxMessagePool

xxMessagepool.xlf

xxMessagepool_de.xlf

Already there is a key name "mykey" in the messagepool

xxMessagepool.xlf --- *mykey* (key) -- englishValue (text)

xxMessagepool_de.xlf --- mykey (key) -- againEnglishValue (text)

Requirement:

i want to change the text of mykey in xxMessagepool_de.xlf ; to GöürmänCharctersvalue new xxMessagepool_de.xlf --- mykey (key) -- GörmänüCharacterValue(text) To edit the text, i navigate to navigator, opened the xxMessagepool_de.xlf ; file & edit the particular key with text GöürmänCharctersvalue and the nwds shows that there are some changes & the file need to be save . upto that its fine

But after editing the text, when i click the save button then the changes i made were gone & the previous text is coming back. i.e. i couldn't able to save the edited value for the key.

*_NOTE:_ --- insted of GörmänüCharacterValue if i give only english letter the it is saving successffully.* ie instead of GörmänüCharacterValue, if i give "newGermanEnglish" value as the text i could save.

How to edit the text with german spl characters in the Message pool in the messagepool_de.xlf successfully.

How to edit the value of a text in the german language?

Regards

Maha

Edited by: Maha on Nov 5, 2009 10:23 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maha,

For xxMessagepool_de.xlf, please check the Source Language in Header tab. Source Language might be English now. Please change it to German.

I hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sruti,

I know about changing the source language and tried yesterday & it doesn't worked.

Strange!! i tried today the same & it works (may be after changing the language, we have to save the meta data & reload & build the comp again). I could now able to store German spl characters.

Anyhow thanks yaar................

Maha

Edited by: Maha on Nov 6, 2009 3:12 PM

Answers (0)