cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to SolMan Ehp1 (SP20)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SolMan Experts,

we are planning to upgrade our SolMan to SP20.

can you please let me know:

1] What is the approximate Time required to upgrade to SolMan SP20?

2] Our SolMan currently has lot of Functionality configured like Service Desk, CHaRM, etc. Are there any known impacts on these after upgrade.

Note please am not a Basis consultant any pointers would really help me.

Thanks in advance !

Regards,

Pradeep L

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In addition Check SAP note 1276895 Add. info. about Upgrading to SAP Solution Manager 7.0 EHP1

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

First step is to go to this site https://websmp203.sap-ag.de/solutionmanager

Have a look at the demo for installing EHP1 for Solman. It took me 2 days to install it. But this was because I faced a tp buffer issue, and had to clear the tp buffer from the OS level.

Also, take a look at the expert guided implementation in the same site, to see details about your specific scenarios in Solman.

To find more details about the new features in EHP1 for solman, take a look at this https://websmp203.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700002004032008E

Hope this will be of help to you.

Cheers

Rishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

Thanks for your input.

Any suggestions/pointers for the below point

"Our SolMan currently has lot of Functionality configured like Service Desk, CHaRM, etc. Are there any known impacts on these after upgrade"

Thanks in Advance

Regards,

Pradeep L

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes, there will be some impact on the scenario. You have to do complete testing and ofcourse reconfiguration if needed.

I faced an issue with Service Desk message creation after upgrade to EHP1.

regards

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Once you install NetWeaver EHP1 on Solution Manager, the new functionalities and enhancements come into effect immediately. You don't have any control on what functionality you can choose. This is different from EHP4 for ERP, where you have the option to select and activate new enhancements.

So its always recommended to test all your configured scenarios in Solman.

Cheers

Rishi