Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPScript to Local Printer

Former Member
0 Kudos

When we print SAPScript documents to LOCL and send them to the windows default printer through SAPLPD, we see odd output. graphics are backwards, layouts are off...etc...

Can SAP successfully send a SAPSCript document to the local printer and the format is correct?

Thanks

chris

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

welcome to SDN

problem not only depends upon the printer installation but also some times on the drivers of the printer

once i got the same problem like this just i tried the print with the other printer then i got it correctly

so try to print with the other printer

if u need more help on this just in the serch topic give u problem u will get lot to previosly posted forums on this

Regards,

Naveen

Clemenss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yeah, we had this with a faulty printer driver installed with windows too. If possible, try to install the newest windows printer driver for your local printer.

But, especially if you have custom-defined font sizes, very often the font metrics are not too good and the print preview will differ from printed output.

Regards,

Clemens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai

CALL FUNCTION 'GET_PRINT_PARAMETERS'

EXPORTING MODE = 'BATCH'

REPORT = 'MYREPORT'

IMPORTING OUT_PARAMETERS = PARAMS

VALID = VALID.

look into this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d5/6243ea8a4111d4b605006094192fe3/content.htm

You need to set the USER_SETTINGS perameter in your SmartForm to SPACE

Thanks & Regards

Sreenivasulu P

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

GOOD

AS PER YOUR QUREY SAP CAN SUCCESSFULLY SEND A DOCUMENT TO ANY KIND OF PRINTER BUT YOUR SAP SYSTEM SHOULD BE SUPPORT THAT PRINTER FOR THAT YOU HAVE TO CONFIGURE YOUR SAP SYSTEM AND THAT CAN BE DONE BY THE BASIS CONSULTANT.

THANKS

MRUTYUN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chris,

Yes you can very well print the sapscript on to local printer. The problem is with ur local printer because when the request is fired the SAPLPD gives control to the local windows printer and everything is control through drivers at windows level.