Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field Catalog (Output Billing) for new Condition Table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am struggling with new Field Catalog Fields for my Condition Table

To determine two different printers I have tried to add ERNAM (SAP author of document), and to print or not to print certain documents depending on Customer Number (Proforma and Packing list) I have tried to add KNDNR

No matter which field I add, the system warns me "Choose the key from the allowed namespace"

and in the Acces Sequence later on I am getting a red flag.

So far I have gotten advise that I need to ABAP user exits, create tables and lots of tech stuff.

I want to configure the system, not program it.

So: Can I add fields to the Field Catalog without being an ABAPPER or can I not?

Thanks,

Nickelodeon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Instead of including ERNAM in the condition record, why not just use LOCL printer and have the specific printer assigned by Basis for each user in their user profile? Most likely they do it anyway.

Just a thought...

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can add the field in the OUTPUT COMMUNICATION STRCTURES

OUTPUT COMMUNICATION AREA for Billing is KOMKBV3 and the Include is KOMKBZ5.

If you want to add the new field ERNAM then add this field from the VBRK

Enter the field ZZERNAM in the commnication strctre KOMKBV3 in the include KOMKBZ5 in the data dictionary

By entering the field in the Include KOMKBZ5 you automatically include it in the commnication structre KOMKBV3

Next add the field ZZERNAM in the communication table KOMB

Now assign the values to the field in the FUNCTION MODULE KOMKBV3FILL_

Include the ZZERNAM in the field catalogue for the CONDITION TABLE of Billing documents .

After doing this you can check the new field in the FIELD CATALOGUE in the CONDITION TABLE for OUTPUT DETERMINATION.

Please try this for your Application area ( as i gave example for Billing documents) and revert back if you need any more details

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Santosh,

Thanks for answering. I did not know this was a ABAP forum.

All I need to do is go to THE data dictionary. That is easy.

Then I go to THE communication Structures. Easy.

I will try to get a developers key and start my adventure with modifying the Function Module. It will be a great first time programming adventure!

Thanks,

Nick